Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

10 things....

IS there ANYTHING people don't know about me? I suspect not but here goes.

1.Everyone that knows me knows that I want a new car. You all know it, I am a bore about it. Someone should just give me one to shut me up. I like Toyotas actually and also Kia, however, at the moment I like my old car, it is behaving and working, even though it does cough a bit first thing in the cold and all. I even cleaned it, which makes me like it more. It is due for new brakes and a tire or two. (Ack, look, I wrote tire instead of tyre which is how we spell it in England, what is happening to me, I shall be writing check instead of cheque anyday now. ) So, dear old car is being good and is cleanish and I rather like it. Wait and see if I just jinxed the old clatterbucket into dying on me now.

2. I am excited about Sophie's attitude to college, amazing. She is getting up at 5.30am to get there, doing homework, enthusiastic. YIPPPEEEEE!

3. My favorite perfume is, Romance by Ralph Lauren.

4. I love my new outlook on life, the budget is unbelievable, each week we are sticking to the 'pots' there is always a small amount left to put into the treats pot. This week we bought some new books and a takeaway from the treats cash and there is still some left ! I haven't touched my own 'allowance' for 2 weeks.
Imagine, rent week, we have ALL the rent, none of this week's grocery budget has been touched, H and I have at least 2 weeks of our personal allowance left.
I don't have to even think about the rent, I want to tell you that all the big bills were paid at the beginning of the month, before they were due, all the direct debits came out without me having to think about them, I have managed to syphon off a little bit of money into a savings account.( yes, a savings account...blimey O'riley who'd have thunk it??) I do believe we have cracked the spending trend in this house and we are all incredibly happy about it.

5. My favorite pastime has got to be blogging, writing and reading. Always open to new reads...SEND ME LINKS, I love 'em.
Here are 2 I found that made me honestly and truly laugh til I burped.

YOU HAD ME AT IDIOT

FUGETABOUTIT!!

If a blog makes me laugh or cry, I love it.

6. I am most comfortable in my house, with H. I have never known anyone that makes me feel the way he does. Sometimes I think I should do something HUGE to make myself perfect for him, I changed my hair dramatically once, asked him what he thought and he said " how do you usually have it".
I said over and over when I was a single parent that all I wished for was a good man that just wanted to be here, enjoy dinner and watch East Enders, he is perfect and really, his smile? Melts the hearts of many. Hemakes me snort with laughter too.

7. When I am stressed I'm not nice, you wouldn't like me.


8. I don't like rude people, I don't tolerate it, ever. If a shopkeeper is rude, or a bus driver....I let them know that I don't tolerate it. I get worse as I get older, any day now I will call someone a whipper snapper and tell them that in my day they would have been whipped.

9. I am not a very good carer. Actually, I am, but I am not gentle and patient. I think I am one of those 'cruel to be kind' ones. I don't do that wiping fevered brows thing well, I will fetch and carry and dispense medicines but I say things like " never mind, you've got another one" and " is it bleeding? Oh it's not that bad then"

10. My indulgence is...., see, now, that's where I fall, I copied and pasted from Julie Q's blog and then deleted her answers leaving just the first part of the sentence...on this one I didn't delete enough, should have just left My indulgence......because then I have to add an S, my indulgences and write ARE not IS, because I have so many, I am weak and self indulgent, I eat too many things and take afternoon naps, I read a lot and love TV, I adore crafts and laughing, eating out and being waited on. Indulgent me.

An extra little nugget for you.

We have a commercial here... THIS ONE . It came on and Isaac watched it, pointed and said ( and I kid you not, he DID) "BEHOLD! The son of God." Bless, I sort of see where he is coming from and it Is made out of all natural ingredients, I think Jesus would approve of such a drink.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Too cute with Isaac and the commercial. I can see where he got that idea though. Clever little boy you have Helen. :)

And yes, number 10 should be indulgences. :) I give in to my McDonalds salad cravings (yes the fries to go with it) when ever I feel like it!

3:40 am  
Blogger wayne said...

The wife and I's big indulgence is Tim Horton's coffee, which you don't have in the UK , BUT you should,(have you even heard of it?)
And yes, he does seem to love the archery

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home