Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Things that make me go...oooooh, grrrrrr, ha ha, pppttttttthhhh

This might just end up being a list, I spend a lot of time thinking about how things make me feel.
Like how MAD I get every time I walk into the bathroom and see more PEE ON THE DAMN SEAT. Really, EVERY time, I can never go in there and see a clean toilet, ready for me to sit on. It isn't even that we have 3 little boys, the bigger they are, the more they splash and drip and DON'T CLEAN IT UP!
Then, when I am just about as cross as I can be, something will happen to make it all seem better...like the fact that H cannot walk barefoot, he has worn socks for so long, every minute, that he has super smooth feet, sometimes, he will try and not wear socks and it is quite the funniest thing in the world because he slips, up stairs, downstairs, on flat ground..whooooooop, and down he goes. Hysterical. If he tries to sleep with no socks, it is even funnier because he says his feet slip....it will make me hoot with laughter because he lies there saying he is falling and his feet are slipping....almost makes up for piddley seats, but not quite.
Crusty bread and real butter. Just makes life worth living, also makes me fat which makes it less easy to enjoy living. That's such a problem because I want to enjoy my life, which means eating nice things, but hate being fat. Life is full of disappointments isn't it?
Poo. Can you believe that pooping makes me smile every day? For some reason known only to H, a swiss horn thing arrived in our bathroom, it is hung on a hook next to the toilet. ( and if I wasn't all together too idle I would take a picture) When Isaac, who is a bit worried that he will never wipe his own bottom well enough, has finished his business, we hear 3 long blasts on the horn and H goes running to do the honours. It is absolutely this type of thing that makes this house a great one to live in. Happy day indeed when we heard the horn when Isaac was at school..WHAT? Elijah, on the throne, waiting for a wipe. Hoorah.
Putting the boys to bed. We have a lovely routine that mostly works, H has taken to reading to them while they are in bed. For some reason they have decided that they will be in the dark and H will read with a flashlight.
I very nearly always forgive every last one of them for peeing all over the seat when I see this touching sight. H perched on the toy bench, torch in hand. Seth snuggled, Eli sucking his thumb and Isaac in his little cave like bed. He has a blanket tucked into the mattress under Seth's bed, so his is all shut off from the world. All is well with the world when these people are having storytime.
Wind, not of the bottom variety, but the weather sort. It is SO windy here, gales and people dying. Walls and vehicles, scaffolding and trees being blown and smashed. Scary. When you're inside and the fire is blazing, it's a different feeling, a safe against the world and cosy way to be. With the rain lashing against the house at the same time I really do count my blessings and appreciate how things are for so many other people.
Sleep. I love it. I think it is one of my favourite things to do. Maybe because I don't do it very well. When that blissful feeling of sleep begins, I am the happiest person on earth.
I am about ready to go and sleep right now. Lucky me, shall go and pee first, after I have wiped that blasted seat down again..which will wake me up, will probably end up back down here with some crusty bread and butter, getting fatter but feeling happy with the wind and rain noise outside. So, all's well that ends well. Night night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

you aren't alone - our toilet seats have piddle all over them too.....amazing how they simply cannot muster the strength to lift the seat, and yet lifting a dining room chair half way across the house so that they can 'get stuff' out of the hall closet (that they know they are not to be getting stuff out of) but it poses no physical problem at all.
At this point, I'd settle for a wet seat from Joey - the boy is determined to wear diapers until high school.....
I laughed at the thought of H reading the boys stories in the dark with a flashlight. For some reason, my kids like the dark too - although I can never find the flashlight - because someone has knicked it out of the front hall closet...so we have to turn a hall light on instead....
I'm off to make myself a fattening peanut butter sandwich and head to bed!

7:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are thre boys here too, everyday my wife expresses her displeasure with the wet seat,(for the record, I lift the seat, and am very careful)

12:53 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I love sleep too! So why don't I get enough of it! Oh right, I like my quiet time too. ;)

And ew to the pee on the seat. Yes, it happens here, but, ew. And you are right, it's not the little boy doing that!

1:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home