Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I am a witch. Darn it.

You know when I wrote this....

at the moment I like my old car, it is behaving and working, even though it does cough a bit first thing in the cold and all. I even cleaned it, which makes me like it more. It is due for new brakes and a tire or two. (Ack, look, I wrote tire instead of tyre which is how we spell it in England, what is happening to me, I shall be writing check instead of cheque anyday now. ) So, dear old car is being good and is cleanish and I rather like it. Wait and see if I just jinxed the old clatterbucket into dying on me now.

On sunday...SUNDAY!! You think the Lord would be looking down on me blessing me for seeing the good I have in my life and thinking how I deserve such happiness and goodness, because look how unmaterialistic I have become.
Well, yeah, the damn thing died. I just tried to start it so I coud go to Asda and buy toilet paper and hot chocolate, it sort of coughed, the once.. and then locked the doors and died. I liked the way it locked me in, as if to rub in the fact that "ha ha, you're going nowhere lady" I let it rest for a bit and tried again, it laughed briefly and then nothing. If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny. It's so cold and the idea of walking to school THREE times is just awful. H does the taking in the morning and then I take Eli and collect them. I had to eat half a packet of crunch cream biscuits to make myself feel better.
Today has been a rotten kind of day apart from Dan getting here at the crack of dawn.
He plays with the littlies, he isn't bored with them or cross because they keep getting into his stuff, he is always so thrilled to see them, and they him......happy moments when he is here. He talks so LOUD though, I swear he makes my ear drums rattle. He has a new job, clever man. He will start as deputy manager of a beautiful hotel in Bath. Built in 1700 and something, splendid indeed. I would post a link but you know, mad people and all that. He's a grown man I know, but always best to err on the side of caution isn't it?
He was meant to come for 2 weeks at the beginning of the year, when he lost hisjob he said he would be down as soon as he found a new job, he had been here a little while when his phone rang, it was Shawn, asking where he was and when he would be back because he wanted to see him. He only left this morning, shut up.
Dan is very patient and just said that he was with his family and would be back tomorrow.
The mother in law in me came out. I sat folding laundry muttering under my breath and calling him names. I absolutely make myself accept that if he makes Dan happy then nothing else is my business... but honestly, I see where some mothers are coming from when they just can't shut their mouths.
Look matey, my son might well love your safari jacket, jangly jewellery wearing, manicured self but you'd better look sharp if you want my affections. Little pip squeak.
I liked seeing my 3 big people go out together for dinner , meant I didn't have to feed them, also it was just nice to see them being friends.
They are all in Jordan's room watching a DVD now, lovely.
Maybe its not so bad enough after all. If the car is still dead tomorrow I will weep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Sorry about your car...maybe it will start tomorrow. I have a question. O/T..... the cargo ship that capsized off the coast of England???? Is that anywhere close to you? While watching the news here in the U.S..... it seems I heard the town Devon mentioned.

12:21 am  
Blogger The other me said...

It is about 40 minutes away.....I am ashamed of the greed, the people rushing there to pilfer and grab whatever they can, ack.Good stuff to be had though!!

12:31 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh No! Stupid rotten van! Come back to life AT ONCE!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your visit with Dan. I'll send get well vibes to your van!

Hugs

Julie

1:28 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home