Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Well, Zippedy doo dah indeed.

I am going to post two entries today because I have both ends of the emotional scale to blog about, a happy, nay ecstatic post, full of goosepimply marvellousness. That's this one and then later, when I am alone and can let it all out, there will be a post of skin crawling, seething, festering rage. I can't blog about the 2 things at once because it would be impossible. Both happened today and matter to me.
My boy had his class. It was a taster to see if a) he liked it and b) the teacher liked him.
We arrived a little early and Eli watched through the glass door, so exciting to see the ballet class in action!
He met his teacher, who is called Mrs teacher ( not really but my point is, she is 'Mrs' not chummily using her first name, score one for me, I like some good old fashioned manners.) she is incredibly firm and commands attention, very good.
First 20 minutes was tap dancing, such joy. This little squirt who was head and shoulder smaller than all but one other child, watched and toe tapped and heel toe, heel toed like a pro, he skipped and gallopped and stamped and tippy toed, he side stepped and held hands and looked at himself in the room length mirrors.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My heart was in my throat, in that lump swallowing way that has you gulping and biting the inside of your mouth to stop tears of absolute joy. I almost managed to hold it together until, to the tune of Zippedy doo dah, they skipped in a line towards me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My oh my! WHAT a wonderful day.

2nd half was modern dance and he did exercises,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


banged a tambourine, skipped some more, oh sweet heaven, there was hand clapping and foot stamping and more blissful moments that we ever thought possible for our £5.

Do you want to see a move clip of him, I know you do.....



in fact, why not two........



At the end of the class, the teacher came to me and caught hold of my hand, she said " this is ABSOLUTELY the class for Elijah, he is divine, he was fantastic, please bring him back next week"

It was just the happiest thing for me to do today and I needed to have that.
What I need though, is so unimportant compared to what ths little boy gained today. While having such fun he was also learning to look and listen, to be obedient and follow instruction.
Zippedy doo dah. Indeed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute is that??

11:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen, I can't hold back the tears, either! What a divine little boy! And what fun to find something that he loves!

I did modern dance from the time I was 3 1/2 until I graduated high school. It was an amazing thing for me - it helped me build confidence in myself that I still hold today, regardless of other insecurities.

Yay for Elijah!

Rachel

12:21 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Awww, today is my first day back online and what a wonderfully happy note to return on! The videos are sooo cute!

3:09 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh my gosh! He did great Helen! :) So cute!

5:35 am  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Way to Go, Elijah!!!!! That was so COOL.

2:38 pm  
Blogger Moobear said...

Nothing could have made myday anymore than seeing these oh so cute videos. He did wonderful! Have a great day my friend.

3:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home