Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Will it ever get old?

I am talking about Elijah and his dance class. We went a little bit early today to choose his tap shoes. Oh sweet clippetty clop went my heart along with his teeny little tap shod feet.
I asked what clothes he should wear. Jazz pants, or, OR the most glorious, divine, lycra unitard, yes... a boy's leotard, one piece, knee length, sleeveless, turtle necked teensy piece of mummy heaven.
I didn't have my camera and as divine as he looked, and he did look divine, little butt in lycra? Are you kidding? That little bit of material that must have weighed all of 1/8th of an ounce cost £34.50. Justify that!
Every fibre of my being wanted to buy that unitard, my purse just wouldn't open to let me. I just know that mothercare will have some cute lycra that will be a fraction of the cost. I wish I had had my camera though because the little body, in that suit, with tap shoes, twirling and tapping? My heart took pictures but I can't post those here. Darn it.
I couldn't sit in the class today, I was sad about that, Elijah could care less, he ran into that room, lifting his shoes as he went to make sure Mrs Tap and jazz noticed he had the right shoes. He skipped out 45 minutes later aglow with the joy of his lesson. Please let him keep loving it at least for a while.
Seth and Isaac went to the movies with H. They saw Happy Feet, this was a pretty good saturday.
Eli and I went shopping after dance class and he asked " Tan I doe dramma's house? I love to doe dramma's house, my bess friend lives there" Auntie Leah and Gramma are his best friends, apart from Isaac who is his really best friend. Eli and Isaac are like siamese twins lately, they do everything together, they have their arms around each other and faces close together, they discuss things and they call each other 'best friend'.
Be still my heart.
He danced for gramma, he danced with Leah. He has this effect on people that makes them clasp their hands over their mouths, I think it might be to stop them biting him, because somehow, he makes you want to bite him.
We were walking along the street this afternoon and a lady coming towards us, flung open her arms at him, as if she simply must have a hug. He is growing up because he used to run right into open arms, caring not who's arms they were. This time though, he gave a sweet little smile and then a look that said "Lady, I'm sure you're nice and all but it ain't gonna happen. " He took a step to the side and walked on by.
I try not to think about how life will inevitably change how Eli lives his life. Already, at the grand old age of 3 and a half he is learning to be less trusting. Too soon the sad lessons have to be learned, innocence leaves earlier and earlier. Isn't that a sad fact of life? I hope though that he always has this unhindered joy. He is a rare child in that whatever comes his way really is always enough, a treat, perfect, joyous. He never looks for more, or better.
He never appears dissatisfied. He does not whine. When he was a newborn and cried, all I had to do was say his name and he would stop and look, he has always been such a delight. He is naughty. He has got into things the others wouldn't dream of, last night for instance, he tipped a whole glass of orange juice into the drawing box, it took me 25 minutes to dry all the pens and pencils, mop up the juice, clean it up. I got cross and was snapping about how he should just think, and be more careful. He looked and said " Oh, I really am ferry Thorry 'bout nat" and he was so sincere, it is impossible to keep mad at him. 10 minutes after I had finished cleaning up he shook his head again and said " Oh, really I am THO thorry I did nat."
It doesn't stop him doing something just as awful later on but it's just such a joy to raise this boy.
All that and he dances too. Sometimes that cup just overfloweth doesn't it?
Take a bow Elijah........

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your children are SO lucky to have you for their mum!! I can just picture Eli, and know that I would want to hug and bite on him too! Is there anything more precious than a trusting, loving and innocent child? They are truly a gift from God.
Paulette

11:15 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

Oh Lacey, I do hope so. I'm sure he will at some stage. Right now he is 10 seconds behind the others because he is still trying to copy what they are all doing. It's the enthusiasm that is so touching.

12:10 am  
Blogger Moobear said...

Precious, precious, I just love that child and you are such a great mom. You are my hero of moms my friend. Sorry I have not been commenting much, but never miss reading your blog. Much sickness in the home,a bit of a downer, but thankful the Lord is with us through it all.
Enjoy and continue making memories of those little ones; as you know, "time flies when you are having fun". Take good care my friend!

Claudia

12:56 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I can tell you adore your little boys like I adore my one Helen. It is such a gift to have children after your older ones are nearly grown.

He looks like he doing so well and enjoying it all so much. :)

6:03 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Oh what joy!!!! My hats off to Elijah!!!!! He is precious. You are so good a MUM!!!!!

7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home