Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The plan so far!

I have found out that the fabulous CHICAGO is coming to a theatre near us in time for Sophie's birthday, so we will head into the big city, shop and shop some more, catch a matinee, eat a delicious dinner somewhere a bit lovely and come home so she can see her friends. I am sure she'll want to go out and be 'legal' at the pub!
Her birthday is march 11th, if you can send any cards as soon as you like I will just keep them hidden until the day. We will be going out the day before her birthday as the 11th is a sunday, so we wouldn't get too much shopping done and the show isn't playing!
The cards though, I will give to her on her birthday.
Email me if you need my address ( but if you're a lovely lurker and I haven't heard from you before, sorry, best not to give out my address! )
I am beginning to get so excited for her, several of you have asked if she likes anything in particular, she does, she loves corn nuts and cinnamon gum! Gpa brings her some but couldn't find any corn nuts, she is having withdrawals! She really likes ranch corn nuts! Shipping is horrendous though so don't go mad!
THANKYOU!!!!! This is going to be splendid.

8 Comments:

Blogger Clara....in TN said...

That sounds like so much fun. She will never forget her 18th. O.K., I'm going to e-mail you for your address. I want to send her something. Wish you were my Mom!

8:29 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

LAcey, I'm so NOT kidding and with my absolute hatred of noisy eating..can you imagine? She can sit and drive me to near insanity with for hours with one bag of those corn nuts!
Clara...address is on its way and now you know I can't knit I bet you're glad I'm not your mom, shop bought sweaters, GAH!

8:58 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

Ooh, that sound FABULOUS, Helen! I'm sure you'll both love Chicago. We'll be sending our cards before the end of next week.

4:59 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! My birthday is Aug. 11...LOL. I got a card for Sophie today...but Im going to try to find some corn nuts. Unlike Lacy, I love corn nuts. I haven't really eaten that many times since high school, because even around here, they can be hard to find. But, Im sure one of the stores will have them.

I think I will put Makenneh to work making her a card as well, because Makenneh loves to work with paper, scissors and glue..a preschoolers heaven!

7:24 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm looking for corn nuts too. I looked on their web site. They said they are mostly in convience stores now. He he, I'm going to browse a couple today. ;)

I know they still make them, just have to find them! :)

2:13 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Ok, so I'm a complete card nerd! I love buying greeting cards (maybe this comes from having worked at a greeting card store for 3 yrs). I ended up buying Sophie 3 cards...one was just a generic happy bday, the second one i had to buy bc the words made me think of her and how last year was sad and how this year is a fresh start, a new year for her! So,yes,i had to buy it. Then, i saw a cute, bright, cheery card that I figured i should get her,bc it looked fun. Talk about greeting card overload,huh?

But,shhhh,don't tell anyone,bc i typically don't buy 3 greeting cards for one person...lol. You will have to let Sophie know she is extra special=).

5:24 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

my card went out yesterday :)

Coffee came yesterday too THANK YOU!

Hugs

Julie

6:12 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

my card went out yesterday :)

Coffee came yesterday too THANK YOU!

Hugs

Julie

6:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home