Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

You know when......

You know when you think you might just be at the end of the extension you had put on your tether?
When you feel like you have a exorcist type scream right there in your throat and actually, your head might even do the spinning thing too?
When you grit your teeth and clench your fists, and really, you know that everyone knows they are walking a tight line?
Something in you tells you that this is OK, it will be fine, even stupid teenagers know when enough is enough and Hey! Better just walk the line for maybe a week, right? Keep your head down, mouth shut, flowers even . Cool.
When things are like, its good to treat yourself, get a little something to look forward to, go out on a 'what the hell' ...... like perhaps pick up a yummy Indian meal for 2, just need to heat it up for sunday lunch and then we can take a nap and life it will be just marvellous again, won't it?
Chicken Korma, tikka masala, pilau rice, poppodums, naan bread.......mouth watering? Can you smell it? Wish you were here?
I woke up this morning and thought that this would be an OK day, So what if the kids have eyes glued together with snot and conjunctivitis? We can manage, H can go to church and be filled with the spirit and come home and be filled with Indian food, I could smell it already.
I could.
Not kidding.
I smelled it.
I smelled it because Jordan came home in the night with a friend and ATE THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!!!!!!
Shame my rope snapped because I could have hung him with it.
I hate people. Especially teenage ones.
So, your job is to leave, in one word, your feelings on this.
What word would you shout in his face when he comes home? Lanky git. Selfish lanky git. Greedy,selfish, lanky, git.
Mine is ...........


GO!

what's yours??

10 Comments:

Blogger odat_kim said...

"Gobble guts" that's what we called my bro when he was a teenager. We used to label food he was not to eat. Basically post-it notes with "No" on it. You could reuse them that way.

Kim

8:07 pm  
Blogger Susie said...

Two words: justifiable homicide.

(He'll have to be killed. I'm sorry.)

9:01 pm  
Blogger Ranni said...

Mine wouldn't have been a word more than a battle cry. As I advanced towards him, hands in the air, signaling the battle was about to commence.

10:00 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

I absolutely agree with the homicide suggestion.

Once while I was in college, DH (then my boyfriend) took me out for an amazing steak dinner. I couldn't finish the steak, so I took it home to my paltry kitchen where no food was ever cooked to eat the next day. There's just something about waking up knowing that there's amazing food waiting for you. And then to find it gone is the worst let-down in the whole world. I stormed upstairs to see who had eaten it and my roommate said, "Hey, that steak in your fridge was really good!" I could have throttled her right then and there. Didn't, thank goodness, but could have.

Glad things are looking up from the last few days, but sorry about the food. Bummer, as Lily would say!

11:25 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I am curious what you did say to him, but selfish was the first thing that came to my mind.

3:47 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

grrr,this beta switch is killing me! Anyway, I said that there was no one word i could think of, bc the first thing out of my mouth would have been, "Who in the hell do you think you are?!" Followed by, now you can replace that food that you ate! I really hope things get better!

If it's any consolation (yippee, huh?) my brother used to do the same thing to my mom! Perhaps its a teen boy thing? Not that it makes it any more excusable though!

Go is a good one worder for this situation!!!!

5:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my third attempt at posting.8(

*beware* is my ONE word of choice

Phrase would be"Off with his head!"

I would charge both Jordan and his not so gourmet challenged friend double the amount you spent on the food and by all means since you picked it up,thought of it etc etc!

Genny,the Canadian tea lady

1:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oopsies!

I meant to say and by all means "do such a thing since..."

Genny

1:41 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

When I am in the same state as this, my one word to my kids is usually "OUT!" How far out they go doesn't really matter, as long as it is out of my way, out of the room I am in, and most importantly out of my sight! However, with them all being under 6, and Jordan being mighty grown up, I would think OUT at your house could really mean "All the way out. To the store, to buy me some damn Indian food, and then out again after you drop it off, and stay out until I have filled my belly and have had a chance to think of the reasons why I let you live this many years."

HUGS!!

~Lisa~

5:11 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I'd hand him a takeaway menu with the meals he ate circled and then point him out the door and say

BYE!!!

ignoranus!

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home