Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Maybe later.

We had a Sophie day today.
I can't even begin to tell you yet, suffice to say that I feel sick. She has pushed all boundaries and if any of you are planning to send her anything, and haven't yet, please don't waste your money.

I will tell you more later, it isn't nice, which means it will make gripping reading and will be one of those *gasp* posts that will make many wonder how I am still sane, others feel indignant, some be full of advice that I won't listen to because, unless you have had THIS person live in your house ( and she is nearly 18, the child thing won't wash with me anymore, she is not a poor little misunderstood girl, she is a cow.) well you can't tell me what I should have done. You can't say what you would have done. You can't.
I really thought that we had passed this kind of crap with this girl. I was wrong, it will never be over until she leaves, then it won't be over, it will just be somewhere else.
She bit through H's finger this morning, right through. I walked in just now, after 8 hours and she laughed as she asked how his hand is.
It is possible to despise a child you gave birth to, whilst hoping that somehow you still love them.
It isn't a fluffy feeling.

4 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

I'm so sorry, Helen. Hugs!

6:26 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Hugs from me too! You are doing a GOOD job! Sophie will be aware of that someday!!!!

6:55 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OH Helen! Like you I had hoped that the troubles with Sophie were far behind you :(

I can tell you that I moved out of my parents home when I was 18 and I survived just fine... if that's any consolation at all...

Hugs Hugs Hugs

Julie

7:14 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh, my! I don't know what to say! I fear I have my own little Sophie here, as well! She locked me out of the house today when i went out to start the car. It only got worse from there!

I haven't sent Sophie's package yet...im a big procrastinator (and i dread the thought of hauling 2 crazy kids into the quite,serene setting that is the post office). But,what I am going to do is address the package to you and still mail it. That way,if you have a change of mind btwn now and then, you can still give it to her. Otherwise, you can distribute as you wish!!!! The boys might like the crunch of corn nuts...and there's gum in there and some bath type stuff that if you decide not to give to her, you could use for yourself.

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home