Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Thought it was some hair gel, but it 'snot

Elijah is poorly, poor Elijah. He tells me 37 times a day that he is soooooo poorly, while he is wailing, in between wiping snot on his hand, his arm, my leg, he does blow his nose but then sort of wipes it across his face. The hair? Not gel, oh no it isn't. Ewwww.

Poor little man, we can't keep up with the nose, it is winning every race. He is hot and his eyes are red and watery. And he cries. A lot. As a general rule he doesn't cry, hardly at all. He has been crying for 3 days. He can't sleep too well either and he wants daddy AND mummy to sit all day and just snuggle him and read.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Which all sounds heavenly, except sometimes, we have to move and do dull things like pee and collect other boys from school, which makes him cry and cough and just generally melt down rather spectacularly.
This winter has been a rotten old wet one, February is the most miserable month isn't it? Christmas is all over, the spring is just a bit too far away to look forward to. We're going away next week, just for 3 days, it will be lovely .... we won't think about teenagers left here, will we?
I say...... H is taking me to lunch for valentines day, on thursday though because then Sophie can look after snot head for us. What a thing though, h isn't known for his romantic gestures, which makes the ones he does do extra splendid. He really is a bit gorgeous lately.
Did I tell you he has started a blog? He has, he lets me read it too. He won't read mine because he says it might make me feel I have to curtail what I write ( and also? He has me here, saying it all...I suspect the very thought of having to sit and read all this might make him lose the very will to live)
H's blog is going to be informative and every now and then I think there will be something that makes my heart skip a bit. Just like him of course.
It is 1am, I have got to sleeeeeeeeep. I think the boys have at last stopped crying and waking up. I hate to go to bed, just doze off and then get woken up, guaranteed to get a snarl every time!
So, night night, may the snot stay away from your homes.

5 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

oooh, how awful!~ Hopefully he is feeling better very soon!

And be sure to enjoy your Vday date on Thursday!

3:45 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I hope he's feeling better soon Helen. They surely make us feel bad when they are sick.

I know what you mean about going to bed and then get woken up. I always feel so much sleepier than if I had just waited for them to pass out. I still do that with Zachary. :)

Enjoy your lunch with H! :)

3:57 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh Poor Eli! I hope he feels better soon!

Enjoy your lovely lunch!

I'd love to read H's blog if it's open to browsers :)

Hugs

Julie

2:05 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

Feel better, Elijah! That snot is the worst! And have fun at lunch! What a treat!

6:28 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I'm sorry Elijah is feeling poorly. Go, enjoy your lunch with H. You deserve all the TLC you can get!

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home