Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Children are not mini adults.

There is something so maddening about people who think of children as little big people, nothing more than mannequins to dress up and parade about.


Isn't there?


Do you hate it too?







Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

HA HA!! How cute are they? Can you imagine what I was like with Sophie? I didn't dress her like a little woman though, she was pink and frilly ( but never that shiny frilly, not nylon or wedding cakey frills, broderie anglaise frills thankyou very much. ) She was smocking and white leather sandals.

These boys though, they choose what they will during the week and they are all particularly picky about it too. Sundays though, I win, they get dressed in MY choice of clothes and thankfully they really love wearing these suits. Always white shirts although Eli's suit did come with a fetching lilac one.
( !Thud! whooooops there goes H in a dead faint!!)
Elijah even has mini brogues, that I stroke and exclaim over at every available opportunity.
LOOK! Tiny cute boy in suit and BROGUES!! Awwwwww. awwwwwwwwwww!! Kiss him and squeeze his cheeks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am so thrilled that Isaac likes his suit, he takes the jacket off as soon as we go to church but he loves the fact that it has an inside pocket to hide pens in.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My vanity is a stroked every week when we walk into church and I hear those little gasps and awwwww's. I actually believe that being dressed this way encourages them to behave more reverently too, ( maybe because it is just too dratted hard to climb under seats with a 3 piece suit on!)
So, even though children are not mini adults and even though they are not little dolls to dress and parade about like poodles.....its really really great fun to do it sometimes!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Ranni said...

They are absolutely adorable! It's been years since I was able to get my boys in a suit (they prefer 'witty' screen print tees or all black attire now. Ugh.) Great looking group of boys you have!

5:58 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

AWWWWW.....they are so handsome.

7:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are adirable. seth looks like hes' getting ready to host a television special.

7:52 pm  
Blogger Moobear said...

3 very handsome lads there Helen. I know you are proud of them, as you should be!! Thanks for showing them all dressed up. Take care my friend.

8:26 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

Where oh WHERE did you get Elijah's suit? Peter needs one and I love the 3-piece look!

Adorable. Everyone of them!

10:59 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Very cute Helen! :)

11:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh MY.. they are by far the most handsome 3some I've seen in a long long long time!!!x

12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your three boys are so handsome!! Children are such a joy, what would we do without them?
Paulette

2:23 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home