Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, April 02, 2007

What a beautiful day, so warm and sunny and just my kind of day.
Life is ticking along nicely, as is my heart, which is a good thing, isn't it? Hoorah, 2 days until my ECG, just to check it is ticking along to a happy rhythm, not one of it's on choosing. I shall be very glad to get that test done, every twinge and hiccup is driving me potty, sure that I am on the brink of catastrophe I am imagining every kind of heart scenario possible. I have cramps and spasms galore that weren't there a week ago ( were they??) A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and I have my nursing years to thank for my over active imagination, tidbits of knowledge crowding my overloaded brain, probably misremembered but telling me all manner of possibilities for that breathlessness and cramping. Wednesday can't come soon enough if only to shut my head up for goodness sake.
H and I are going to London just us, imagine!!
Next tuesday, we have tickets to go to a show that we watch on TV, being recorded. What a delightful old people thing to do, Paul O'grady is so funny, we love him and watch him most evenings as dinner is cooking. So, Dan is coming to look after the boys ( mum will have Elijah boy) and we are hightailing it to London for the day. I shall make myself not think about things back here, it's one day... a long one, that's for sure but one that we need. Nowhere near enough H and me time in this life.
I am pretty sure that with Dan in charge, we will have no need for worry. The boys adore him, he is patient beyond belief and apart from a faint concern that they will learn a few new choice words, I am at ease with our plan.
I realised how old I am the other day as I was pondering in the youth of today.....I notice a trend that we, meaning people my age, didn't follow. It seems to me that young parents today, have the idea that life should continue unhindered when the babies arrive. This is my opinion, not the results of any study, just an observance.
I see youngsters having babies and then trying to carry on as before, still planning to go out as much and going away and the babies seem to get left with relatives and friends. I admire the idea of having some kind of life after babies ( although I never managed that myself ) but find myself wanting to slam on some brakes here. I am quite old fashioned when it comes to raising babies, routine and more routine and being at home with them. I have never left my babies overnight, Eli has spent one night with my mum, he is the only one to sleep anywhere but with me or their dad. H and I haven't had one night on our own, ever. EVER! I mind that really but what to do? When we married we had 4 kids between us and then Seth was conceived on our wedding night. The rest, as they say, is history.
The idea of a whole DAY alone next week is almost breathtaking, I hope we can find something to talk about......we're used to getting a maximum of 7 words out before someone interrupts, also, I wonder if we will point things out to each other as we travel along on the coach ...ooh LOOK! trains! Planes! How many red cars do you see??? We can eat somewhere where knives and forks are the norm, no freebie plastic toys or colouring sets......excitement indeed in our household I tell you.
I sent all the paperwork today for the boys' passports. Just H's to go, his test for citizenship is this month ( I see the book he needs to cram for the test is in the bathroom, handy, pretty sure he'll ace that test with all the revision he's doing! ) Plans for our trip are coming together nicely, had to take 26 pictures of Eli trying to get a good passport one, gave up in the end and used his preschool one,

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
he scrinched....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
he did gormless

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
he stuck out his tongue

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
who KNOWS what that is???
I gave up, the kid is crazy!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
His face isn't straight on but they say they are more lenient with childrens' pictures. I hope so because I am so not ready to try again and take these pictures!!
All 3 of them are silly whenever they see a camera lately, I long to have a lovely album to look back on when they are all big teeth and attitudes but alas, I shall have pages of goofy , cross eyed, tongue poking madness. Memories indeed.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh my gosh, he has grown, when you put all those pics in the same post, it's so easy to see!

It sounds like a nice trip to London! I am fortunate to have lots of close family (that in the beginning moreso than now) used to argue over who was keeping my kids! Now that they are more monster than cute mushy cuddliness, the offers are fewer and further btwn. Of course, when we have overnight sitters, we usually just sit at home, bc well, it takes money to go out and some energy as well...both tend to be lacking around here. LOL!

2:03 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Have a wonderful time!! :) We've just had the one night alone ourselves since having all the children. It was lovely and too short! And quite fateful for me.

I love the scrinched photo myself. :)

12:04 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home