Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

All in the mind...or not.

Nits. Ick. I am an old hand at this is Sophie had the sweetest head that nits loved and we spent way too many hours picking nits and trying every remedy known to man to kill the buggers.
I have found a new spray that is non chemical and works, smells of liquorice which is nice. We did that today, Isaac was clear ( hoorah for autism when it comes to nits) Eli too, Seth and I had some, Seth was the bringer of all things itchy, ewwwwww! Haircuts all round yesterday which is when I found the creepy crawlies. Fabulous cropped hair that those pesky critters will have trouble clinging to ( we hope)
Why is it, when you go to buy the necessary lotions and potions, the people you try to ask discreetly, are always deaf or dim??
" hello! Could you tell me where the Lyclear is please?"
" Sorry?? the WHAT??"

" The Lyclear"

Blank look, shrug of shoulders

" THE NIT LOTION PLEASE?!"

For heavens sake!!!
Then, try standing in a line, holding lotion and nit comb and try NOT to scratch your head! Almost impossible, mumbling to yourself " don't scratch! DON'T scratch, they will all think you are crawling and you don't know you have any nits and your head is only itching because you are thinking about nits...it's all in the mind...all.in.the.mind's
It's things like this that remind me I am older than most mums with 3, 5 and 6 year olds. I have done all this and thought I had finished it, now I am doing it all again. Lucky me.
SO much easier the 2nd time 'round in so many ways. Sophie's nits made me squirm, this time, same old same old, kill 'em, clean up and get on with the rest of your life.

I was touched beyond words today, I grumble about H a lot, I think it comes with being together so much. He has some incredible points that really bring tears to my eyes though.
Seth is into basketball lately, for such a little squirt he is remarkably good. The routine has always been that H takes them to school, I pick them up. This last week, he has been collecting them too and he takes them all to play basketball. All 3 of them, every afternoon.
Eli and I went shopping this morning, when we got home, H had been out and bought basketballs and put up the hoop out the back. He had also found some old trophies, 3 of them, and polished them to gleaming gloriousness. All lined up in the kitchen ready to award 3 little boys for their various levels of splendidness. He played outside with them for 2 hours when they got home. These are the things I love about him. I get so BORED playing outside with little boys, I can go places and have picnics but stand around and throw a ball, hang around while they swing on swings and shoot down slides? I crumple at the very thought.
Ha...he just came down having had his shower ( and denitting himself! yum, liquorice head to smooch with) and showed me the trophies, he says they are for dart tournaments!! Isaac bought a magnetic darts board with his pocket money on saturday. See? He is great, drives me loopy sometimes with his eccentric ways but I think I'll keep him!
Actually, nit lotion has made our hair soooooo silky and soft, we will be like an advert for shiny making hair products as we walk in the sunshine tomorrow.
I am so enjoying the sunshine, little boys in short sleeves and soon we shall see knobbly knees and bruisie legs on parade, heartwarming indeed!





Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aubrie was in high school and i was 8 months pregnant with lyric when she got lice. had them for weeks and her upper back all broken out. we thought it was a haircolor allergy. how could you be nearly grown and not notice lice? anyway i had to take care of it and she had tons on long hair. i itch at the mention of them. luckily no on else got them. i think you can use olive oil and leave it on for a few hours and it smothers them. trying to get the eggs out is the worst. supposed to be good for your hair too, but hard to rinse out.

9:15 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I too itch at the mention of them! I swear, if Zachary gets them, he will be near bald when I'd be done with him.

I hope you are able to get rid of them quickly Helen.

I still check both of my girl's hair from time to time.

11:58 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

OH, Helen, you know i sympathize with you, having just gone through that mess myself, recently! I HATE them! And yes, Olive Oil is what worked best for us. But you have to leave it on for 8 hours, as the lice can shut themselves down and go without Oxygen for up to 8 hrs. So, it's best to put on at night, and leave on until morning. That's how we finally got rid of them around here! I will use it if i should ever need to battle those buggers again! The olive oil even kills the nits, as it smothers the "breather hole" they have.

Anyway, enjoy your nice weather, as we are expecting snow tomorrow! Blah!

12:53 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh that's one trial we haven't had to face yet.. I'm sure it's in our future though .. ugh..

My head itches just reading about it!

WTG Daddy H!!! You RoCK!

12:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home