Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Long day.

We got up SO early today, thinking that the car boot sales would sure to be running, sunny clear day, beautiful. Off we went, little boys with their pocket money and a list as long as your arm ( how long IS your arm by the way?) of things they were sure to find and buy.

NOTHING!
Empty field. Well botheration.
We drove to a popular park and the boys ran and climbed and played.
All that and when we get home it was only 10.30am. LOOOOOOONG day. Really long day.

Easter baskets are done, Seth has been saying that he wants a toy dog that you heat in the microwave.....hooray! I found some, a dog, bear and monkey. Snuggle toys. They have one each and then delicious chocolate and sweeties. H does the baskets, this year though, I did Sophie's and my sister Leah's.

I wanted them to be beautiful and they are. I wish I could be bothered to take pictures, I know I will wish I had......lazy me.

Sophie's is the most beautiful thing, perched on her bedroom stool amongst a swamp of such grotesque mess the likes of which you may never have seen. OK I may have to go and get a picture because, clever as I am ( as well as humble) I can't adequately describe this room.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am darned if I am touching it. She comes in, changes, and goes out. She has a friend who is my age ( ??!!!!!) who lets her stay at her home, she has adopted Sophie ( ahhh bless) so, Sophie isn't here much at all these days. She pops in to tell me how great this Tracey is and how she admires how she parents her children...blah blah. I am still sort of numb on the Sophie stuff, the friend goes out on the town with Sophie and then they all go back and ...well who knows? Sophie is an adult, on paper anyway, we're still waiting for evidence that she actually IS an adult in the real sense of the word.
The basket is now OUT of Sophie's room and she might have it when that pig sty is cleaned up. Seems ridiculous to have to treat an 'adult' this way doesn't it?
( edited this morning at 8.30am, had a text at midnight to say she won't be home......what's the point in letting her have the treats when she just can't be bothered to try and be a part of this family?) Seems absurd to leave a beautiful basket in a filthy room, like rewarding her for behaving so poorly isn't it?
So, harsh as it may seem, Sophie won't be getting a basket this year. She isn't willing to join us for any of the family 'bits'. I just can't pretend that this is all OK .
Instead, I will make a beautiful gift for my friend who really deserves a special treat right now.
Here is Leah's basket, I love that white chocolate sheep!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And the boys' baskets...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's now 1am...better go to bed before they get up and start eating that chocolate!!
Happy Easter everyone!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

OH the baskets are sooo beautiful. Mine are all just well, crammed and not so pretty. The truth..i went overboard and there is just too much stuff! Ugh!

Well, I hope you enjoy your Easter!

2:40 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

They do look wonderful! I still have to fill mine! Zachary is so wound up! I hope he sleeps in a little bit in the morning.

Bummer on the car boot sales. That would make for a long long day.

I hope your Easter is peaceful and restful. :)

2:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely baskets they are. Sophie reminds me of Aubrie a year ago. Wonderful new family with a mother that was a "friend". Ha! What a difference a year made. Couldn't stand the woman at the end. So immature and always in her business and telling it all to everyone. Makes me laugh now, but I was quite hurt at being replaced at the time by a woman I knew had no morals or disciplines where her own children were concerend. Aubrie can't stand her now and couldn'tr wait to move out and away from her and her husband. Broke it off with the son too as soon as she was moved out. Also she had a pigstye of a room. The rest of the house in beautiful upkeep and then that awful bedroom.

3:16 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home