Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

You sure you don't already know?

I was tagged by Christine and no, I'm not writing all those rules or tagging anyone else because I think everyone already did this ...but if you didn't and you want to...... you're IT!

1. Yikes, dare I say and can you tell, that I hate these things? Tag. If I don't get tagged it makes me feel like ' hrumph , don't ask me then, obviously I'm not interesting enough' and if I do get tagged I feel all sort of ' ack, 7 things ( imagine how I felt about the 100 one!) SEVEN?! about me. ME?! What to say, am dull, can't think. Won't do it. Must do it, tagger will think I haven't read their blog or don't care or think I am too grand to do the blasted tag thing. 7 things..........hmmmmmmm.
So, yes, I hate these things but LOOK now I only have to think of 6 things. Yeay.

2. There is someone that I am related to that I really detest. The very mention of it's name makes my neck pulse and my stomach knot. I calm myself down by telling myself that I am only related by marriage and that it's OK ........relax.........ahhhhhhhhh, breathe.
Then I hears about something it has done and yegads let me at it, let me hit it and swear at it and make it see what a lowdown slug of a thing it is because......breathe, relax, think of fluffy clouds and sun kissed beaches......luckily I now live thousands of miles from said loathsome, punchable creature. I used to live much closer to it, so close to it that on one occasion I found myself kicking it's bedroom door down to get at it. I actually took a running jump at the door to kick it in and really intended to pulverise that slug had not another member of the family ( my husband) arrived home and brought me to my senses.
It was cowering behind it's locked door, this after hours of following me around the house taunting me and whispering at me and sneering at me while I was trying to talk to my mum on the phone, when I said to her " must go, it has gone to far, I am going to hang up and go and kill it," it ran to it's room and locked the door. A grown man.
Oh for just one good punch, just one. ( except that commercial comes to mind, the one that says ' betcha can't eat ( have) just one' )
I could fill this blog with tales about it but darn and blast, H linked my blog to something he has going that his family frequent on a regular basis. I am sure that the vast majority of his family think the slug is more of a leech too but you know, family ties and good will and all that. Suffice to say he is about to do what he does best again, ( how do you type that noise that the cannibal Hannibal makes in the movie silence of the Lambs?)
Of course, if you would love the low down and details and even names..... email me.
Be ready for a whole new side of me though, replies will surely be without punctuation because once I start I don't take breath and any and all notifications of my loathing for this creature will be venom filled and ....... you probably shouldn't ask.

3. Am tired now, hatred is so draining isn't it?

4. I am not always nice. Can you believe it? I'm not, I am even mean to children sometimes. Like on wednesday evening, had been to a meeting about the children in the church, teaching them and setting an example etc. I was all love filled and ready to be a shining example, a beacon amongst all women.
I took home lovely Denise, then dropped off mum and Leah, drove around the corner and saw some boys playing football in the street, hmm is late they should be inside by now but oh well. One child ( about 10) stayed in the middle of the road, stood stock still, daring me. Arrogant look on his face and arms open, waggling his fingers in a 'come on then if you think you're hard enough' gesture , you know ' Look at ME, whatcha gonna doooo lady?'
Well, what I did was make my car jump a bit. Towards him.
Then I got my face up close to the windshield, stared right back at his now somewhat paler face and said, quite loudly out of my
open window ( love these warm evenings)
" How tough do you feel NOW you little shit?"
See? I am a shining light that all children should follow, keeping my words clean and my actions pure because children learn from example.
*Sigh* Today is a new day, I shall start all over again.
What number am I on.....

5. I slept like a dead thing last night. Marvellous. 1am until 8.20am. I woke up flat on my back sideways across the bed, no pillows....I stayed there for many seconds because I had to, I was stuck.
I snorted because I knew how ridiculous I must look, like a beached whale, back as stiff as a board and unable to get up. I did a sort of leg lifting rolling and grunting movement and managed to get on my side, all the while huffing and ooohing and ouching. Very attractive. I drive H wild, I mean, who could see it and not want it?

6. Am very glad I don't have to think of 100 things you may not know about me.

7. Last one. I am really really over babies. I never thought there would be a day when I would look at babies and think ' no thanks' but I do. I love to look from a distance and still think they are miraculous and beautiful but I am very happy that I will not be having anymore. I find I am clumsy when I hold them now and wonder what I am meant to do with them. Oooph, wobbly person....what on earth? Uh oh, it's leaking, where's the mummy?
I think I am getting ready for being a grandma because I find myself saying things like " awww, bless" and " Aren't baby clothes uncomfortable these days? What's with denim on a newborn? Look at all these metal buckles and where's his hat?" and things.
I tut and huff and sigh when I see young flippertygibbets with their uncovered babies out at night, I want to feel naked toes and ask if maybe socks wouldn't be a good idea?
I wonder ( thankfully not out loud yet) if that dear baby didn't ought to be at home in his babygro having a lovely snuggle, look it's 8pm.
I find myself much more disturbed by the trend that young people ( listen to me!!) seem to have to leave their babies with people overnight so they can go out and then lie in the next morning. It is none of my business I know but look......you have a baby, life changes, get used to it. This is YOUR baby, your mother has done all that night feeding no sleep thing with YOU, you grew up, let her sleep now for heavens sake. I feel the need to write quite boldly a message to my children.
DEAR CHILDREN ..... when you make me a grandma / nana / old lady, I shall adore your babies ,I shall kiss them and buy them things ( noisy things and babygros and socks and hats) I shall probably tell you exactly how to raise them. You will notice ( I hope) that I am the epitome of minding ones own business when it comes to your partners, sometimes it is tough and it would be great to tell you what I think, but you are adults and you have chosen who you love and decided who makes you happy, that is your business. I just can't promise that when I meet a little person who is blood of my blood, that I will always be able to stay out of it and not tell you how to do things ( please don't ever let me see a grand child of mine with a bottle of cold tea, please, my head will implode) I will bake and coo and adore and be hopelessly in love. However, unless you or your partner are hsoiptilsied ( I left that in, because that, even for me, is a doozy of a misspell, what is happening to me???) hospitalised( !) I will not have your babies overnight so you can go out and get drunk or party, I won't. I might consider an overnighter when they sleep all night, can talk and tell me what they need, when they love me as much as I love them and WANT to spend the night with nana Helen, then it will be a different thing. I will buy special 'jamas and cocoa and cookies and stuff but overnighters will be because the grandbaby wants it..not because you want it.
I am not even sorry about that, not a bit. I have never ever left any of you overnight except when I was in hospital, so ill I couldn't physically pick you up, or you were over 10 years old. I was a single parent for 10 years if I can do it and be at home during sleep time, then so can you, it is your job. I love you, mum.

There, all tagged out.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Good for you....That's the way it should be when it comes to keeping grandchildren. They will love You!!!!!

1:51 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh that was BRILLIANT!!!! Well done Helen! I enjoyed every single solitary bit!

You are amazing!

I have to say that I'm with you on the nasty to rotten kids bit.. Sometimes such evil things fly out of my mouth :( Most distressing. Really have to work on that one.

As for the overnighters... Well I'm jealous. Simply that. The only time Sarah spent the night away was the night I miscarried and so loathe to impose was I that I sent Gunther to go get her at 1 a.m. and spent the rest of the painful horrible night alone.

Still.. if anyone WANTS my kids overnight... I have no intentions of partying but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to sleep in until 10.. or later ;)

Hugs
Hugs
Hugs
Julie (who if she doesn't tag you always makes sure to tag someone who will LOL cheeky eh?)

2:17 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I thought you had been tagged Helen. :) Ah well, we had to leave one for Christina. :)

I was over babies. Although I have no plans to have any more. I went through a time when I just didn't care to look at them. Now, I do though. Waiting on grandchildren here too. Someday, we can share photos of our grandchildren. :)

I am not always nice either. I can't stand when kids don't get out of the road. A ton of metal vs a child. Hmmm

2:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved your number 4 because i often think of you as pure and saintly which makes me feel like...well a slug, lol. that was so something i might do. i love you helen. truly.
also loved the note to your children and because you are so funny today i know you must be a little down. wish i was there to cheer you on and up.

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home