Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, May 06, 2007

That was a good one.

Today was great, uplifting and inspiring and touching. It was spiritual and as a family we seemed very close and united. Days like today are priceless. I am completely reassured that things will all fall into place soon, that life is about to take a turn and we will be happier than we have been in a long time.
Absolutely nothing concrete has happened to make me feel like this, all of it is to do with faith. I tried to write some of the things that have happened that have calmed my jagged nerves but in black and white it all appeared as though actually, I have lost it completely and have become cuckoo!

Seth is changing so fast at the moment that it's almost a risk to take our eyes off him, he is growing and developing and I'm not sure I have ever met anyone quite like him. He is intense in everything he does and like H, when he likes something, he really likes it. He will play basketball for hours, shooting over and over and I have yet to see him get tired before he is told to stop and eat or have a bath etc. He is incredibly intellectual as well, H and he continue to have in depth conversations about all kinds of things, he is like a sponge and once he hears it, he remembers it. He is fascinated by scripture lately and I thought that was more about the history and facts of it all, today he showed that his spirituality is developing, he is gaining a true understanding of the meaning behind scripture of what the relevance is to us, in these times. He is 6. He blows me away. Today he chose to fast! He listened to what fasting is all about, he understood that when we fast in conjunction with prayer then that is a show of faith and added commitment to Heavenly Father, that we can add power to prayer.
He knows that we are praying for a home, not just any house, but a place that will be right for us, that we can settle in and make ours. He said that when we were at church, he didn't want his snack, that he would 'fast' and go without to show that he was with us in our prayers that the people in control over our application for housing would be guided and a house would become available for us.
He stuck with it, without a word, when Isaac and Eli had their snack, he just didn't share it, he didn't make a big thing of it, he just carried on reading his book. He also talks to the other boys about behaviour and consequences and things he believes are right and wrong ( you think they listen, even a bit??!) Good job Isaac and Elijah are such heathens ( despite having such Holy names!!) we might be tempted to be a bit superior and grand if it weren't for them. Eli is very fond of the word 'Penis' at the moment, we are in danger of wearing it out, not a good thing.

Jordan has his room all packed up, bed dismantled, pictures down. It echoes in there. He asked if was sad about him moving out, not at all ( I am a good mummy, I did not yell ' are you KIDDING??' ) I am excited for him, I think he is in for a big shock when he sees how things on paper look much easier than they really are in real life, but we all learn that lesson in life so it won't hurt him at all.

So, all in all today was just what I needed, I am still SO itchy, the rash has gone but the itch is still there, my whole body itches, makes me grumpy even when the rest of me is happy!
I am excited to tell you all about our house when know about it, I have a feeling that it will surprise us in many ways. I have a busy week, getting that damn car roadworthy, being a squeaky wheel at the housing office, the boys have tomorrow off school , may bank holiday...did we have this many days off when we were at school? I think not!

I am ready for a great sleep tonight, I have been sleeping much better lately, how great is that? I love sleep and should be the last person on earth to be an insomniac..... I think I might be disturbing my H though, not that he would ever say a word, such a gentleman. He seems tired, he spends so much time wearing them out, it think he wears himself out too, we are so old to have these little jackrabbits! Yesterday he took them to the park, they took the tent and set it up and had a trial run for this weekend when they are going on a father and son camp on a farm! I am keeping the Eli boy at home, he is still too little, he was pulling it all down as fast at the others were putting it up. I think H and the 2 others will have a blast, Eli and I are going to a girls night out at my friends house, he will sleep while we all have fun without any men and too much chocolate. Perfect all 'round.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Seth sounds like such an intriguing little guy!

And seems how you can't make rounds to blogs, Ill tell ya here..my internet connection has been horrible, so I haven't been able to get online all day! But, i will be checking in as often as possible! I will call tomorrow and hopefully they can get it fixed!

2:07 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That does sound like a wonderful day Helen. :)

And WOW about Seth. What a smart one you have there.

The boys camping trip sounds like a great Dad/son fun time! And yes, they will have a lot more fun without Eli there. I'm sure he will love being the only boy at girls night out! :)

8:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home