Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

No news.
Nothing, except yet another demeaning conversation with the man at the council, I wrote him a letter that I may well not send but it made me feel better to write it.
I am not doing so well with it all these days, it is so hard to be in this situation but really we have no choice. We simply do not have the ridiculous fees and up front money that private rentals take, £300 just to do a credit check..that's before you get to the fact the we are on benefits, it doesn't seem to matter that we have great references that prove we pay rent on time, every month. I have been looking, more so that I can tell the po faced misery at the council that I have looked, there are maybe 1 or 2 houses that would, at a pinch, be better than a park bench but all way over priced and none anywhere near a good area to live.
I feel nauseous all day every day. Helpful when it comes to eating, as H says, stress can be so under rated sometimes.
I try to tell myself that it's just for a while, before we know it we will know where we are going but in truth, it could be a long time, we could be facing life in a hostel. Great. That's one of those things that shouldn't be thought too hard about unless it is a certainty.
As long as my children don't end up with filthy fingernails and dried on snot all over their school jumper sleeves we'll be alright. Will I have to feed them pot noodles and let them eat sausage rolls for breakfast if we live in a hostel? I am so ill equipped having lived such a sheltered life. I know H will have to read the SUN newspaper and probably smoke roll up cigarettes, I might have to sit on a bench at lunch time and drink cider out of plastic bottles ( which might be quite nice) the boys may have to have their names changed to slightly less biblical ones. Suggestions please.
The prospective new owners had a survey done at the house yesterday, I was helpful and told the surveyor all about the damp and the broken boiler, the leaky shower, spongy floorboards. He didn't miss anything anyway, hopefully that will give us an extra week or two. I hate this. Please let this be the last time, ever, that we face anything like this.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Oh, Helen. Don't you go changing any names just yet. When I'm so droopy about my illness, and any future at all, someone happens by who offers to keep hope for me until I can find mine again. I am keeping immense hope and faith for you. No hostels on the horizon. Your ticker won't count down to "No Home," it'll count to "New Home." And in very important ways, your heart is their home. Take good care of your heart (literal and poetic).

11:54 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I agree with everything Susie said! Stay strong. You may get down to the wire, but something will come through! It has to! Hugs!

1:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm....how about Earl and Buddy for the new names?

Really though, you were right in your last post on the subject. You won't know where you're living, maybe up until the last minute. But once you find out, once you're there, it will be home, and it will be fine.

You give yourself the best advice. It's just sometimes hard to follow it. Just like Alice In Wonderland :)

6:35 am  
Blogger Susie said...

"I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.” (Johnny Depp)

You're just doing this so people will see you as a woman of mystery, aren't you? You Mona Lisa, you!
xxx

11:07 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I am still keeping positive thoughts for you Helen! Hoping for the best.

I do hope you hear something soon.

1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home