Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, May 11, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring.

It really is, buckets and buckets. All week it has poured down and we are waterlogged and mightily tired of it. Tonight was the Father and son camp and we didn't mention it, we mentioned it now, all week because the boys are too young and H is too old for camping in rain like this. At bathtime I started to get Isaac undressed and he said
" But I want to wear these shoes to camping"

UH OH! OH. OH.

" well, there is no camping because it is so wet and rainy and cold, no camping"
"But it's friday and we are going camping on friday and IT'S FRIDAY!"
"Also" said Seth " we have a tent and we will be in the tent and we will be camping."
I could feel a melt down of such disappointed and unforgiving proportions, I could feel their bones melt with such horror and misery at not going camping...that they went camping, look....



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Phew, happy campers, stories and lanterns and they are very happy and asleep. I remembered this little beach tent and it is perfect for bedroom camping! I think they will eat sausages and beans for breakfast and all will be more than alright. Yeay.

I went to Deb's house and we ate and watched " Holiday" or "the holiday", Cameron Diaz and the delicious Jude Law. Lovely movie and nice to get out and about. Am tired.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Good save, Mom! It's too bad that it had to rain so much this past week for you! But, looks like you found a great solution that kept the campers happy!

I loved that movie, The Holiday. WE rented it a couple weeks ago.

1:26 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh that is just TOO sweet!

1:27 am  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Mum to the rescue!!!!!! Good idea!

2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home