Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Guess what.......

Enormous happening today, no house news of course but certainly as exciting!
Isaac went to play at Levi's house today, ON HIS OWN! Didn't need me to stay. Oh my goodness! It was very touching.
" Can I go to Levi's house? Phone his mummy she is called Claire, she says I can go, today, phone her, they live at number 8, phone her now"
" It's very early, 6.45am, Levi will still be asleep, we will call later though"
3 minutes later
" Is it later now? Can you call her now, shall we go? Can I get dressed?" ( it was a very long morning let me tell you!)
" Isaac, do you want me to come with you?"
"No. I can go on my own, I will just stay with Levi, I don't need you"
( astounded, have never heard anything like this from Isaac)
" so, you will have fun, will you ask Levi if you need the toilet?"
"No, I will just look around the house until I find it"
" Will you talk to Claire?"
"No, I can't do that"
Fast forward several hours......long hours filled with time checks and questions.
We arrived at Levi's house, he was touchingly waiting for Isaac, looking out of his front room window, this caused the most divine reaction in Isaac.
" you go in and say Hello"
" Well, I think Levi wants to see you and hear you say Hello.."
" No, I can only talk to him at school .... HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ I can't go in! ( he hid behind the wall) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! you know that high pitched sort of out of contril laugh that is accompanied by an urgent need to pee because this is SO exciting and terrifying? He did that while huddled on the floor behind the wall. this went on for a while , Claire had opened the door and left it open......eventually I said "OK, we'll just go home now then shall we?" He stood up and in seconds flew through the open door, called for Levi and ran up the stairs!!! He stayed there without me for 2 hours! I checked my phone 3 times because I couldn't believe he was there. 2 hours later I got the call, he actually spoke to Claire and asked if she would call me now..... what a boy! This is a HUGE deal for him. ( and me) Sort of embarrassing that he just cannot say hello or goodbye, when I got there he froze and hid behind me as I said the thankyous and Elijah played with Romeo ( Levi's little brother)
We are so lucky that we have so many people in our lives that completey get it right with Isaac, so many people accpet him just as he is, they ignore him and thus allow him to come to them, they don't react to his apparant rudeness, the face turning and 'refusal' to speak, they wait for him to do what he is ready to do, when he is ready to do it. It is so hard for me NOT to insist that he say goodbye, thankyou etc. It is a daily thing to remember that his mind works differently to ours, that he feels things differently.
The head teacher at his school wrote a fabulous letter for me to take to the council, we have such support for this little boy, because of this I see him make such enormous strides in what must seem a daunting world.
Days like this make me see that there is still so much to be thankful for.

And some pictures..not of Isaac though! Seth who is a basketball obsessive, happy boy! And Eli who wants to be like Seth.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And..I am a bit giddy about this, I just won a camera on ebay, a posh one......oooooweeeeeeeee, hope it doesn't frighten me with its grandness. It is this one...... whooppeee!!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

That is delightful news! I always think, when things like this happen while we're waiting for prayers to be answered, it's God's little assurance that He is still in the business of giving us wonderful surprises.
I hope you enjoy your new camera. Mine is an Olympus, but I think not as fancy as yours. Mine is a dinosaur of a digital camera, but a very good one, still.

10:55 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

That is wonderful Helen! I have hopes Zachary will make it there one day. Ah my boy is shy just like that. He won't say hello, good bye nothing to people.

The camera looks so nice! And it has great reviews. :)

11:58 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh how sweet that he had a play date all on his own. What a boy! He is coming along quite well!

The camera looks very nice! I'm sure you will have fun taking lots of pictures with it!

2:57 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

Congrats on the camera! And good for Isaac for staying at his friend's house...I hope he had a great time! Oh, and Seth is too cute in his basketball uniform!!

12:02 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home