Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, May 25, 2007

I almost wanted to stay!

The boys and H have gone camping, father and son camp, I kept Eli with me but we drove them to the site, out on the moors, it was beautiful, such excitement and fun......I mentioned that maybe we would hang out with them for a while so that Eli could sort of soak up some fun....Seth came from the back of the car with " Hmmm, actually, it think you'll find that it is a father and son camp." so, that was me put in my place!
On the way there Isaac needed to pee, typically, we had stopped to pick up Mac Donalds, so we said that he would have to pee in an empty cup. We were stopped and he stood up, between our seats i told him not to pull his trousers right down but just get his willy and pee in the cup. Uh oh....that means that his little willy was NOT pointing into the cup.....before we knew it he was peeing all over H! Everytime H would exclaim "HEY!! HEY!" Isaac would panic and turn and pee on me! I was hysterical, it was like some kind of weird comedy that you couldn't have planned, H didn't find it funny and Isaac was helpless, what could he do? Poor kid!

So we arrived at the camp and well........
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

a knapsack on my back.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

stopping for supplies

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Daddy and Isaac

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
now that's a tent right there! ( teepee really but you know what I'm saying!!)



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

down by the stream

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


They are going to have a blast, playing football, building fires, midnight snacks, marshmallows, sleeping out all night. Heaven.
Hard for me because I have never done this before, my big kids didn't have a daddy to do boy things with, it was all ME, I had to leave because I wanted to fuss and manage and keep safe and worry. H knows what he is doing, he loves them, he CAN do it. I am learning new things and I am so old hand at it, so you would think!


I am excited to be here with my littlest boy, hot chocolate and the final of American Idol, cuddles and maybe a trip tomorrow morning for just him and me. Memories, I like doing this with the daddy, I am so glad that these little boys are getting this life.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Sounds like the boys will have a great time with dad, camping! ANd of course Eli will have a great time with mom! It's nice to get one on one time with the kids!

And yes, they are some lucky boys!

3:57 am  
Blogger Lou said...

Camping brings back one memory I`ll never forget..Dad loaded all of us up to go camping , we had everything set up, we fished, swam, ate, etc. Then we went to bed, Dad decided to go back home instead of sleeping outside , so everyone was awakened and we started back..somewhere along the way I noticed that one of my sisters was missing. We went back to the camp site and there she was..leaning against a tree fast asleep. Dad picked her up and put her in the car and she was never aware that we`d left her..hahhahah poor thing.

9:09 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

That sounds like SO much Fun!!! I hope they had a blast, and that you enjoyed your quiet!

And seriously, I am so sorry, but I had to laugh about Isaac missing the cup :) Too funny!

Lisa

10:52 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I hope everyone had a great time! :)

The ground is so hard! If we tent it, we use air mattresses. :) I do love the little cabins though!

1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home