Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

In short...

Because this house saga must be making you wish you could poke your eyes out with a blunt stick, I will keep this short.
I have been to the lawyer, took a letter from her to the council, me thinks he didn't like it but hey....suddenly things were explained to me, as if I actually have a brain and rights and stuff.
We found a great house.....but won't be renting it. I suspect that anyone reading this who doesn't quite have the same beliefs as us might find it bizarre that we can be so guided by 'feelings', all I can say is, feelings have never let me down when it mattered. I have great faith in that if we ask, we will receive guidance. We asked and were SO sure that no matter how impossible it might seem we had to go with the council, time is short and I panicked, I was so angry about the whole ' let them kick you out' thing that we started to look, we found houses, we looked, we were disappointed. Today we found a beauty of a house, it was perfect but when we left we both felt sick, sad, agitated until we worked out that those feeling were telling us that this is the very time we need to use our faith, walk away and wait for it all to be OK.
right after we made that decision to let this house go, I went to the council, had a very productive and positive talk with the man who has formerly left me weeping and then he told me that on June 15th he is leaving the council!! That means that someone else, a new person, with enthusiasm maybe for their new job, will be taking over.
I do know that he knew today that we aren't fading into the background, I made it super clear that we will not be willing to do anything that causes stress or hardship of any kind to anyone else, we would rather be in a B&B than cause burdens to anyone else. He acknowledged that we are working hard to house ourselves and doing everything WE can to be ready. That was a good feeling. Both H and I feel that this is still the way to go. It will be worth going through when we get our house, and we will get one, we just don't know when. The man at the council did say that whatever happens we will NOT ever be on the streets, phew.
That wasn't so short was it?? Sorry.
Haven't got a whole lot else to say as this housing situation is eating my life away.
My laptop is STILL not back, I am getting on their nerves, a new talent of mine, nag nag nag gimme what I want nag nag nag......3 weeks now, I want my laptop!!! Hopefully in a day or 3 it will be back. I miss it, much.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Your gut instinct usually doesn't let you down! I'm sure that you are doing the right thing and hopefully the letter from the lawyer let the council man know that you are serious and that you won't be taken for a pitiful fool! And, everything happens for a reason...hopefully his leaving will mean a better, more proficient person will take his place!

11:59 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I have always followed by thoughts and feelings. If something didn't feel right, I haven't done it.

One day, I hope to see the good news we are all hoping for you.

12:36 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home