Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, June 01, 2007

So then....

We've had a day of being stunned. yesterday was such a blur, unbelievable to us, at 4am H and I were still looking the pictures and then at each other and then at the wall and then shaking our heads and saying 'imagine'.
I am thrilled and excited and terrified and hey guess what, the cows in the field next to us aren't cows they are steers and a BULL, mean looking bugger too and the fence is a bit little and flimsy and easily climbable, worry number 1, "Eli", we keep saying, "what do BULLS do? If you climb in their field or throw toys at the them.. do they like it? " He replies with another question, like " tan I frow him a chip? Tan I frow shoes?" It could take a while to get the message across.
Also, white walls. Beautiful wood, posh things + 3 boys. Worry number 2.
The rest is all so glorious, we have no idea how long this one will last, it is on the market ( for £399.000, dear life!) but isn't selling, I hope it won't sell but if it does, landlady says she will pay our expenses and find us another house, and so on. We won't tell the council we have a place until we actually move, that way if they come through for us, well we will take that house and forego posh chalet type holiday home with white walls, garden of dreams and bulls next door for reality and security and little rent payments. All along I have said we will go for a council house unless a home is thrust in our faces and screams LIVE IN ME PLEASE, which is what happened yesterday.
I sort of wish you could have seen me when we arrived at that house, with its 10ft oak gates and gravel parking yard, when I saw that kitchen and realised that she was really saying we could live there.....I wanted to pee or pooh or weep or fall at her feet and kiss her lovely shoes. I think I just said thankyou a lot and made a sort of squeaky 'heh' noise every 9 seconds.
Mum has a house too, it is coming together, we are at the neck cracking, head thumping stage of knowing that it's all nearly OK, wishing we were 6 weeks ahead and settled and looking back at all this and laughing at it all.
Roll on summer. All that outside, all those lovely widows and fresh air ( and hopefully not too much bull pooh smell, although we might have become immune to all things Bullshitty.)
So, 4 weeks today we will be there in our splendid new residence. May it come quickly and may we be able to get things done here, without 3 little people undoing it as fast as we sit back and feel as if we have achieved something, bless them one and all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Helen, your landlady sounds wonderful. She really seems to be looking out for you. Of course, she could have just kept the house you are in and spared you all of this nerve racking stress...but she seems to coming through at last! Karma! You did good by not wronging someone else and putting them out and now your landlady is seeing to it that you will have a home!

You are such an amazing person and such an inspiration to me! Thank you!

3:04 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home