Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

And sometimes, you can even have jam on it.

Is that a world wide saying? You know, when things are pretty good and you want a bit more, someone will say " yeah, you just want jam on it don't you?"
Well, my mum says it all the time, so I do too because I like my mum's sayings and that one is a favourite of mine.
Right now, we're getting jam on it and it is pretty sweet.
Posh house, in 3 weeks we will be in it and stroking the kitchen worktops and opening patio doors. That is exciting.
Today Jordan and I went to visit my friend, Mandy...we were flat mates and work mates and have known each other since we were sylph like, tight skinned, child free, young flippertigibbets. Long story short she said she had some furniture that maybe he could use stored in barn, so just he and I had a lovely drive through very windy country lanes ( and so many of them dear heaven, are we ever going to get there?) and we got to Mandy and Andy's divine cottage in deepest Devon. ( I think but it could actually have been in a whole other country, never mind county, because it really took a long time to get there although it isn't too many miles away ...62 to be exact)
So ,we visited and marvelled about how Jordan was 12 last time she saw him and look how tall he is now, lanky git. We looked out of teeny quaint windows and saw fields and breathed the freshest air in the world.
We looked at pictures and gave up on the internet because, deep in the Devonshire country there is only dial up and it's just like life itself in the countryside, slow and not hurried and perhaps we won't even connect at all because you could look at a tree or little hedgerow creature, get out and enjoy the glory of nature and get off the damn computer, yes, it's like that is countryside dial up my 'ansome.
Then Andy came home and he is quite as splendid as Mandy has told me and off we joggled to the barn up the lane a bit over the potholes and by the cows. Underneath that tarpaulin lay such treasures as to make me giddy. The most glorious table and chairs that I felt sure I would be able to talk Jordan out of needing because I WANT JAM ON IT and they would look SO perfect in MY house ( check..too bg for his flat, perfect for my new house)
He nabbed a futon because he still doesn't have anything to sit on in his front room and just as we were going Andy said, " Trampoline, don't suppose you want a trampoline do you?"
YES YES I DO , we NEEEEEEED one, 3 boys in big garden on trampoline for hours, Oh YES! So we have a 13ft trampoline ( and will buy an enclosure because as much as the idea is sort of appealing at times, I don't want the gits to jump too high and catapault over the fence into the bull field.) The trampoline belongs to Andy's daughter who is moving out herself on monday, so we agreed a price and we are now excited owners of a big blue bouncing machine. Jam on it.
I have to say that the English way of giving directions is the best, don't expect them to actually get you where you need to go but do look forward to being entertained, we still continue to ask people how to get there but honestly, I am pretty certain that when we do arrive at the place we intended to travel to, it's a happy accident.
Mandy gave me directions to get there,
"Head for Holsworthy but you don't want to actually go there, if you get to Holsworthy, don't worry, you can turn around and come back"
" You'll come to a really BIG hill, REALLY big, it's called something bridge" ( we never did get to any big hills)
When we were leaving Andy said
"we'll turn right and you turn left, you'll come to a crossroads, turning left will take you to Holsworthy"
" But we don't want to go there"
"Don't turn left then"
See? How great is that?
People will honestly and truly say things like
" Turn left, right? If you get to the Pig and Whistle, you've gone too far, turn around and go back"
Everything is marked by pubs..... look for the Horse and Hound, turn left...keep going til you pass the King's head.......no kidding, H gets as lost as me, no-one NO-ONE ever says NORTH or SOUTH, try it and watch the look of complete puzzlement. ...huh???
Today was a great day, I needed it because I have been finding it hard to breathe lately, my chest hurts and I thought I was on the verge of a heart attack, going out today and leaving everything behind made me forget I couldn't breathe and my chest hasn't hurt a bit......darned old panic attacks again, thank goodness.
Thank Heavens for days with jam on it. Sweet that's what they are.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Ooooh! The jam sounds wonderful! :)

And do get an enclosure. Safer all the way around.

10:58 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

I had to chuckle at the image of some little boys jumping on the trampoline and getting the bright idea to catapult. I can so see that happening! Enclosure for sure! I'm sure they will have loads of fun!

sounds like a lovely day! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy!

12:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very exciting indeed. don't you just love the names mandy and andy together?

9:46 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home