Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Man, that diplodocus.......

Did I even spell the right? This is on of Seth's many faces.....he loves to read, there is something so glorious about hearing this little man muttering as he reads......" Man, a diplodocus has a neck that is 10 metres long!" Even from behind you can see just how he loves to read, he drinks the words in. He has his father's ability to retain the information too, unlike his mother who can read a book and re-read it a week later and it's like the first time! I am so cheap to entertain, 2 books and I'm happy for a year, can read and re-read and enjoy them everytime.
I'm a bit vague at the moment, maybe that's the wrong word, who knows what the word is, I am weepy....perhaps with relief, maybe not. I keep thinking how this time next month, we will be moved, in the new house and settled, for a while.
I can hardly wait for those boys to be able to run and play and be OUTSIDE for many hours every day. Ebay is having me visit and look at trampolines and paddling pools, slides and swing sets.....I long to sit and read in the garden, hang my washing out to dry in the fresh country air, relax in a spa bath at the end of the day and have lovely days of visitors and friends who sit outside with us. the farmhouse behind has a big trampoline in the garden, imagine if there are little kids living there that can come over and play. Wonderful summer days ahead, we just have to get through this next 3 weeks of packing and form filling and cleaning.
This house is beginning to look emptier, 3 rooms cleared and packed,
I am desperate to scrub and clean but what would be the point, as H pointed out that will certainly mean redoing it before we leave...why put myself through that twice? I like the minimalist style of the moment, less to dust, less to pick up ( in theory , in practise...thankyou Elijah, as fast as we pack, little hands seem to find great joy in unpacking, tape is no object, in fact I think the tape attracts him. He is a git. A cute one, but a git none the less.
He is going through a phase at the moment that is lasting considerably longer than I am comfortable with. He is a 'dirlie'. Not a real one, a wanna be 'dirlie', with long flowing hair, a skirt and high heels. *sigh*
If he can't get hold is Sophie's extensions ( and he can't because I have hidden them give me a break) he wears a muslin nappy. All day, every day. He tucks superman capes into his boxers because it feels like a silky skirt and that feel good. Indeed. He asks Isaac to draw pictures of men in high heels because that means it is a good thing. I am shuddering as I write that because I check my google analytics and am horrified at what comes my way via search engines, you wouldn't believe how many creeps are sent here by googling 'little boys' ..someone came by the other day having googled "How do I look at rude stuff without my mum finding out" Oh my good heavens.
Creeps and perverts, I shall sing hymns very loudly and tell your mother you were here. Go away.
I quite like the nappy wearing hair, he swooshes it and strokes it and asks me to look after it with care and love while he goes to nursery. I even am touched by his ability to sniff out Sophie's shocking pink glittery high heels even when they are hidden and locked away.......I just hope he grows out of it before it stops looking cute and starts looking creepy. Creepy is never a good look, is it?
Isaac is going through a phase right now too, I hate it as he is pushing me to limits my patience didn't know existed. He is really driving me crazy. He teases and answers back and has massive temper tantrums, slamming doors, kicking, screaming 'til his head looks about ready to explode. I am pretty sure that the move is the cause, he says things like ' can we live in THIS house 'til I am dead?' and ' THIS house is ours, right? We can live there a long time can't we?' ACK! I hope so. I really hope so.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger LosingSanity said...

Summers in the country...with all the fun things to do and explore!

My husband's cousin's little boy is about 8 or 9 and still into dressing up. (not what you wanted to hear, is it?) His favorite is a pair of red sparkling dress shoes (like dorothy wore in the Wizard of Oz). I'm sure he will grow out of it!

glad my kids aren't the only ones with those fits. Some days they give me a run for my money. Makenneh has reverted to whining lately. Drives me absolutely insane! I'm sure once you are settled in the new home, he will start to relax. There is a lot of changes taking place for him right now!

2:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ON YOUR NEW HOME! YOU DESERVE IT! YOU CONTINUE TO BE IN MY PRAYERS! KISS!

2:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of this was so funny. What mad you do the google thing? That is surely creepy. Eli will outgrow the dress up phase and well even if he doesn't we'll love him just the same. Isaac too will be fine when you are settled in.

10:00 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Zachary is in a similiar phase as Isaac right now. It's awful! I think for him it is kindergarten ending. It is extremely frustrating. :(

10:10 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home