Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Crumpled in a relieved heap of thankfullness.

You know those days that go to hell in a hand basket but even then someone forgot to give you the hand basket and your arse just gets burned? I've been having those way too often.
I have been a weeping mess of cryingness. An emotional heap in a physical heap of crapola. How is it that we have been packing, packing and dumping and donating and STILL we are drowning in stuff, dear life where is it all coming from? Is it breeding? Self multiplying? WHAT?
Everything has been piling on top of me ( except the very things that might be quite nice piled on top of me, which shall remain nameless because I have delusions of being a lady )
The whole teenager/ emotional/ sucking the very life deal added to the little people /body breaking/ oh please let me have a nap and can someone shut that bloody noise OFF for an hour or 12 thing has left me fit for nought.
Today we had a turn around that in itself is miraculous but merely the beginning. I think my girl has a glimmer of hope for her future. It didn't come easily but it is there and damn I am going to fan that flicker of hope and get it burning if it's the last thing I do..... and for heavens sake why can I smell FEET?
I hate bad smells, people in this house do not smell, things do not smell and get away with it.....I can smell FEET and the worst of it is I am the only one in here...must find source of stink.
Found it. I am clean, feet do not smell......house however is NOT tidy today ( or any day lately, can't do it all and packing and feeding people must come first) so, while I was out with the girl today beginning the lighting of flicker of hope....the gits got hold of 3 canisters of wholesome seed like things that in a fit of shall be healthy I bought......when I came home they had spread said THREE canisters of hemp seeds and such all over front room.....lets not go into where H was ( in same room) or what he was doing ( laptop) I made them clear it up and did not help, smell of FEET is actually the pile of seeds not swept up, some kind of flavouring or something but am pretty sure, given the smell, that it is no longer healthy, shall not be eating any, especially after it has been on this floor.
Anyway, Sophie has a 'glimmer' which is enormous ...I think I helped her believe just a tiny bit that I love her ( why is that so bloody hard to do?) Please let me help her. I want nothing more than to see this child of mine happy. Her myspace page screams of misery, it is dark and hideous, filled with anger and it breaks my heart.
I would rather like some cake. Of course we have none and I am being nice to myself anyway, cake might cheer me for 20 seconds but then something in it makes me cross and bloated, I don't need anything that makes me more grumpy and I very much enjoy my jeans being baggy and slidey downy. I do indeed.
So my crumpled with relief self will go to bed and listen to my husband breathe. Better than cake any day. Probably. Unless it is really good cake, with lemon icing.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Cake sounds good about now Helen! I've been wanting some myself. Instead, I went and bought fat free fudge bars. Not the same, not the same.

Stuff does multiply doesn't it? Sometimes, I just don't know where it all comes from.

Good luck with Sophie! I hope the glimmer does become quite bright indeed!

11:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do know what you mean about eating the cake and then feeling not as good as I had hoped. Seems good going down then I realize it wasn't really worth eating after all. Still I eat it anyway.
Oh Sophie, the child that needs the most and yet never seems to want it. I don't understand young people anymore and yes I do remember what it was like to be one which is why I am glad I am not.

10:58 am  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Oh, You will HAVE to have some cake (and ice cream to go with it) before the moving part is over!!!! hang in there!

1:26 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home