Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Isaac's story. ( sdited to add his own story)

So, I have been missing for a few days, no big dramas just way too much of the same 'oles, bored myself thinking of what I could possibly write, felt too much compassion to put it all down in black and white why put anyone else though such tedium?
Oh, something to report, Isaac, he of 'lellow ba' land, has been to bed every night for a week without yellow blanket. In fact his face takes on a look of utmost disdain if I mention it. " I do NOT need that blanket." I almost can't stand it, I shall keep that blanket forever, we have picture of him clutching that beloved scrap of stinkiness, nursery pictures, home pictures and many, many heart pictures. Some of this growing up malarky isn't to my liking. His classroom assistant came swimming with us on saturday, it was great to be able to talk to her on the ride there, my Isaac is coming on in leaps and bounds, he now does P.E even takes his shoes and socks off which is a huge thing. He had a maths assessment last week and apparently a total stranger did his and he SPOKE, he reads aloud every time. Sad that his year is almost ended, 5 weeks and he will be moving on, new teacher, new classroom helper, new classmates, I wonder how far back he will slide. One of those wait and see deals I shouldn't wonder.
Oh...this is a story that Isaac wrote and H put on bedtime.com where kids can submit their own stories. Seth's tomorrow, his has it's own tale behind it.

The Enormous Turnip

Once upon a time, there lived an old lady and a old man and they planted peas , green beans and one enormous turnip and the old man and he had an idea. Then the old man went to fetch three black cats and two dogs, a farmer and five pigs and sixteen hens, and a thousand chicks, and there was a hundred and eight ducks. And said “I know what we can have for dinner. Turnip stew.”

But there was one thing that the farmer didn’t know, that the turnip was stubborn. Now, the old lady asked her wonderful husband “where is the turnip for our stew?” The farmer said “sorry my beautiful wife, the turnip was so stubborn, it wouldn’t come out!” Five minutes after, they heard a little squeaky voice, it was two little puppies. And they wanted to help pull the stubborn turnip out. But the farmer just said “it won’t do any difference at all.” But to see if it works, lets give it a try! So they did.
Even the puppies and that very moment the turnip went flying out of its pit. So they had turnip stew, after all.
And they lived happily ever after.
The end


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I took these in the playground after school last week, I took one of Seth too.....my children are so refined, so sophisticated, I'm pretty sure they get it from me.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

Hooray for Isaac, sad for Mum. I assume your younger boys have H's coloring, but I see something in Isaac's eyes in the 3rd pic that reminds me of you.

Oh, and I missed you while you were gone!

10:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isaac came so far so fas this year that next year shouldn't set him back much. Can you believe how much he has progressed? Simply amazing. The pictures are adorable.

11:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that's just wonderful!!! what an amazing boy he is!

12:28 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home