Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

toothache and funny stuff.

Horrible day today, I miss my dad. I probably ruined H's father's day and hre ruined my Sunday which is fine because I don't much like Sundays anyway.
I am generally having a down time lately, I hope it is just the stress of moving and know for sure it is all this damned RAIN...for heaven's sake, we're not talking a bit of drizzle but endless plishing down stuff that really beginning to drain my already depleted sunshine reserves.
I did go swimming yesterday, me, in a swim suit, in public and all. I just figured that should people in the pool be horrified and revolted I wouldn't know, also, they would forget all about me once we left, my children however, would remember that I actually came swimming and went IN ... they loved it, dear Isaac paddled over to H and I at one stage, squished in between us smiled a happy smile and then said " Ok, bye family" and paddled off in his swim ring again. Worth every cringing moment if you ask me. I did a length or 3 of the big pool ( I used to do 30 or so without a second thought in the good old days.) and felt incredibly vitalised and joyous. I do believe this will become a regular thing.
I have a toothache, that helps doesn't it? Raging tooth pain that clouds everything and squeezes out every other feeling or thought. I just took 2 dihydrocodiene.....ahhhhhhh, thankyou drug making people and doctors who prescribe, no twitchy legs and begone toothache, am all sort of woozie and carefree.
I laughed very much earlier...want to laugh with me? Go on then.



That's how they talk down here, really.....devonshire. That's what we think we we come to america too...everythin' all big and sunshiny. I love me some French and Saunders. Enjoy it.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

I sooooo LOVE Dawn French..she`s the funniest woman on the planet. We get a show here where she plays a Vicar..so funny.

12:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of them, but they are pretty much dead on as I live in Florida and in a place now where we get the seasonl retirees in the winter. Truly funny...unless you live with them. She forgot to talk about their driving, dear God in heaven. I could use one of those milk containers too the way we go through it here.

11:30 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

hahahaha oh they're so funny! I love love love French and Saunders and have for many many years. Thanks for linking that!

Also can I begin to tell you have incredibly proud I am of you that you went swimming???? Do you have any idea how happy that makes me??? Way To Go Helen!!!! I am thrilled for you and your family!!!

12:33 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Thanks for sharing that Helen! They are very funny. :)

Good for you going to the pool! :)

Sorry to hear about the toothache. :(

2:30 pm  
Blogger Susie said...

That was a hoot! Thanks for that, I've never seen them before.
And yes, good for you, going swimming. You're exactly right, to heck with anyone's opinion of you in a swimsuit; it's the fact that your boys know Mum goes swimming with them that's important. I have the same philosophy; if not for my kid, I'd probably never appear in public in a swimsuit. But for her, I'll do pretty much anything, the public be damned ;)

3:29 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home