Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, June 22, 2007

Bricks and mortar, home is where the heart is etc.

There you see, whine in the night-time, all changes in the day. H woke up and got with it wouldn't you know? He didn't get on his laptop, so I know he didn't read my blog.....he certainly didn't read the weepy 'woe is me you don't love me' email I sent him at 6am when I was sobbing and swearing about my DAMN TOOTH THAT STILL HURTS. He just got up and did stuff and my goodness, can we move when we do it together?? We are moving, really....it shows!
H spent the day at the house working on the garden/ jungle.
I had a nap, a coma like nap for 2 hours, I needed that.
I feel weird about this new house. I honestly haven't ever felt like this about moving before, if I were to try and describe how I feel it would be to say I am a bit shy about this house.
It is certainly a house that I would never have even thought about before, not my style and I think I feel a bit in awe of it.
I am cross with myself for feeling like this, because it smacks of feeling inferior or not worthy and we all know that I am as good as the next poor person! I think also that it all has to do with not choosing it. Any of it. Not choosing to leave this house, not choosing to live in the new house, just sort of picked up and put there and ...well you know. Not being in control.
Having said all that........ this kitchen???
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I can SO live with that kitchen!

And sitting here in the evening, with the windows open and the summer smells...and sounds of the country....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
BRING IT ON!

So far the move is turning out to be the least stressful I have ever experienced, most of our things are already there, on wednesday I think we may have just one trip with the truck carrying the really heavy stuff, we'll be able to take our time, move things as and when we feel like it. We are ready for some relaxation ( jaccuzzi.......JACCUZZI and quite heavenly peaceful surroundings!) En suite bathroom, you know how posh we felt having 2 bathrooms when we moved here....now we'll have THREE. A veritable plethora of places to pee and show me a mother that wouldn't get excited at the fact that one bathroom is in an entirely different building......follow me THERE and shout through the door if you dare!!
I have a feeling that H will disappear often and spend many a long moment thanking the powers that be for the toilet, that is far from the madding crowd.
I think I am excited.
I just have to get past cleaning the stove. And the rest. The emptier this house gets the dirtier is looks. It looks very unloved and battered right now, lots of junk left lying around, rooms neglected and nothing lovely. Our soul isn't here anymore. Not our home anymore. Just a shell. Just goes to show that it's not the bricks and mortar that make a home, is it? ( doesn't hurt to have some nice bricks to start with though does it?)
So, a good day apart from the tooth, face ache is still there, not as bad but if I leave it too long in between pain killers it is still pretty horrific. The weekend isn't going to be fun if it doesn't get better, I don't think the dentist has an emergency surgery on saturday. Enough about the tooth already, I am sick of talking about it. If it still hurts at all on monday I am going to get her to pull the blasted thing.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Your new house is beautiful!! Is it an "A-frame" shaped house? My aunt and uncle own a house like that and I LOVE IT!! It's so warm and friendly, and I'm sure you will all be very happy there, even if it's not your taste right now, your things there and your family there will make it your's! Congrats!

1:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is your refrigerator?

2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home