Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Five and a half hours...

It's 4am and at 9.30am I can go to the dentist. Rarely ( if ever) have I been so thrilled about something so horrible. This pain is horrendous. I can think about natural childbirth without so much as a flicker of fear but the dentist fills me with bowel watering terror. I am willing to go though because this pulsating pain is excruciating. Ahhhhhh, drugs are beginning to kick in, hoorah. I am sure there is an abscess under the tooth because it has pushed the tooth up a bit, making it too big for my mouth and the top tooth keeps crashing into it ( ouch bloody ouch) I think I must have cracked my teeth together as I slept because I woke up with my whole head in screaming agony ( shut up, I am so NOT a drama queen!)
Is toothache the worst pain in the world? I think it is on a par with arthritis, that same mind blowing throbbing pain that pushes every other thought out of your head, nothing but how that FEELS. I am so grateful that I have an NHS dentist ( like gold dust, almost impossible to find these days and getting a place is even harder) as long as you attend every 6 months and don't miss appointments without giving notice, you're set for life. I love it that ours see you at a moments notice when you're in pain, I was so busy yesterday that I didn't go, thought I would be OK until today but yeesh, wish I had cancelled some of my plans yesterday and gone in.
So, back to bed I go in the hope of not grinding my teeth or lying on the sore side......wish me luck as I whimper my way into that chair tomorrow. Am scared.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ranni said...

I'm just getting over an abcessed tooth. I only go to the dentist when they rupture and luckily, was able to hang this one out long enough for it to go away on its on. I don't wish that all consuming pain on anyone! The only good thing out of it was loosing 10 pounds, lol. (can't eat when it hurts that badly)

If I wasn't so terrified of the dentist I might would go in for them. Good luck with your visit and I hope you're feeling better soon.

6:16 am  
Blogger rachel said...

Helen,

I've experienced kidney stones and natural childbirth and I still think toothache pain IS the worst in the world. Nothing else has made me scream and cry and beg to be put out of my misery. It hurt so bad I couldn't sit still.

Thank heaven for dentists when you're in pain! Hope it all went well.

12:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with thoothache, only because I soooooo hate the dentist. The one thing that still fills me with fear and I haven't been in way too long. I much prefer the hospital to the dentist, would even raher have my appendix out again although the kidney stone thing might be a toss up.

6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home