Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I got the keys.

It's going to be fine.
I love it.
I am not afraid anymore.
I also am not going to break too much of a sweat cleaning this place. I shall use my energies cleaning the new one that is dusty and has many spiders.
I was ridiculously excited about our doorbell being switched on DING DONG.
The new house smells so beautiful, I need nice smells, and even though it is dusty, it smells of wood, glorious oaky smell.
I saw things I missed when I looked around the first time, good things.
I noticed that although it is beautiful, it isn't perfect, we won't spoil it, we will make it better.
H is like a greyhound, he bides his time, waits until the right moment and then he is OFF...he has achieved a lot today, he always does the kitchen which is my least favourite room to pack, relief is mine.
I might be missing for a while, we hope that the phone and internet is organised but things get screwed up and we will have much to do. Also the rain stopped today, hopefully it will stay stopped for a good while so we can get work done and enjoy all the good stuff at our new place.
Think of us and imagine our excitement as we learn all about our new home.
One more week and it'll all be done and we can relax a bit.
Exhale.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm glad the rain stopped Helen. Flooding can be scary at times.

No home/house is perfect. :) Enjoy the good things the home has. It does sound like a fun place to spend summer.

10:38 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

A good man you have there to pack the kitchen for you! That is by far my least favorite room in a house to pack.

Congratulations on moving to the new house!!

2:22 pm  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Good luck and enjoy the "new house" feeling!!

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home