Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

And.......relax.

So, no sale. They made an offer that apparently was insulting. Anyway the scare was enough to make me jump into overdrive OMG what shall we do where shall we go I can't stand it mode. I am working on some plans that I will share if they go anywhere. For now I have made it clear that for the next 6 weeks we are sticking with our right to peace and quiet and have notified the estate agents that until Aug 27th we will not allow anyone access to this house, no viewers, no surveyors, nothing, no-one, stay away.
We have the trampoline up, basketball hoop, we have cleared some grassy areas, these boys are in for a great summer.
I went shopping today, I got such a buzz.........
these are the prices, original and actual

£129..........down to £10
£36 x 2 down to 10p each..yes TEN PENCE each.
£69.99 down to £10.
£49.99 down to £10.
£36.00 down to £10

I love finding bargains and these were fantastic ones, all stuff for the home, some DIY stuff and some rugs for the boys rooms. Oh and a 6' garden table ( now have to grab some matching chairs! )

I am struck quite often by how my moods swing so much, I hate that I am so open to having my emotions altered by life in general, H is so steady ( although more and more I see that he IS affected he just doesn't run around wailing quite the way I do! He lives by the belief that if he sits and waits it will all be alright and he is right because eventually it IS alright but....that is because I am running around 'fixing' stuff and arranging things and 'doing' I wish I had the nerve to join him one time, just relax, let it be, see what happens. What do you think? We will never know...... because I CAN'T DO IT!

Sophie has a place to live, oh thank heavens, it is a room in a house with an older lady ( my age but older than her!) she has known this lady for a long time and has spent a lot of time with her, the lady's son is moving out and Sophie is having his room, she has to pay £30 a week which is very possible and will teach her to budget and plan her money better. I know that she will be happy and also have help from someone she admires and will listen to. The relief is enormous, she is happy about it and has been quite happy when I have seen her. Long may it last! Jordan is doing so well, he is furnishing his flat, had a great holiday in Turkey and I can see him growing up before my very eyes.
I need to see Dan, seems way too long since we saw him last, he said he will come down this week but we'll believe it when we see it, I miss him.
So, better day today than yesterday, that's a good thing, if we can say that everyday we'll be getting somewhere won't we?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

oh thank goodness!

So many wonderful things in today's post.. I think I'll skip yesterday's altogether LOL

Glad to hear all your good news :)

1:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew! im so happy. enjoy the summer and be h for a while. i think most men are like that.

10:04 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh yes! I was hoping to hear it fell through. :) And good for you telling them to stay away until then.

I agree with Lacey. Ken is like that too. It's better than the other way though. I think that if you were both stressed out, it would start more fights. I know that is how it is for Ken and I anyway.

And yay for the big kids! :)

Enjoy summer with your boys at that beautiful house!! :)

2:37 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Thank heavens! So much good news! So many good bargains! I'm happy for you :)

~Lisa~

2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home