Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, July 23, 2007

He sent me an angel.

21 years and 11 months ago, I was given my very own angel, he has stepped in and presented his sister with what could be her salvation.
Daniel has given Sophie a live in job at the hotel where he works. She will be a chambermaid, cleaning rooms and helping out, room and board and a pretty good wage on top. She leaves tonight and starts tomorrow.
She is leaving behind all the people who have helped her get this low. She will meet new people but right in the foreground will be her brother. She knows this is her final chance, she knows that brother or not he will sack her without hesitation if she messes up, if she gets involved with the wrong crowd he will have no hesitation in making sure she and they get away with nothing.
This is a huge risk for him and I know he is doing it for me.
I am so proud of this boy and am so grateful that the Lord gave him to me, that he sent him to step in and help Sophie at this time.
Please, please don't let her mess this up.
I have cried until I have puked, I have been almost unable to stand with the weight of this worry. It will be a long time until I can relax but for now at least I can breathe.
I am cooking her a huge roast dinner, letting her have a long hot bath and putting heron a train.
Thankyou Lord, please don't take your eye off this girl..

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

I pray that she meets good wholesome friends there that will help her battle her demons...sometimes kids baulk against anything a parent says while they are accepting of a friend saying the same thing to that their parent has been trying so hard to make them see. Trust God to put that kind of friend in her path.
God Bless.

2:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all hoping for the best for Sophie. A new start, a new place and a new life. Take it and run with it Soph.

3:07 pm  
Blogger mom of 2 said...

That's awesome! I hope that it is just the kind of new beginning that she needs!

3:13 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I hope it works out Helen.

Dan truly is an angel.

4:30 pm  
Blogger mom to three great kids said...

I'm soooo sorry you are all going through this.....i wish you all the best and hope that your Sophie gets better....warm hugs to you...

7:00 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Thank God for Dan! He really is an angel. I really have high hopes that this is just what Sophie needs.

Big Hugs to you Helen.

Lisa

10:27 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh thank God! Dan, you are awesome!!! What an angel! Sophie, these people love you and want what is best for you. Really they do! I send the best of luck to Sophie and hope everything goes well! may this be the beginning of something wonderful!

5:29 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home