Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, July 20, 2007

A prefectly posh party. *ETA

You are cordially invited to our perfectly posh barn on tuesday where we shall be having a perfectly posh party for my birthday.
Women and unavoidable children only (not that I don't adore other peoples' children but posh luncheons are so much more satisfactory without them ...or mine and tuesday is the last day before school hols).
Please bring a plate of something perfectly posh and wear a flowery frock and even a hat.
Weather permitting we shall eat al fresco, if its plishing it down we shall be inside enjoying the salubrious poshness of my converted barn residence.
Time is ticking on my ability to pretend I am posh and deserve to be living in such surroundings so let's grasp every chance for a 'bit of a do'.
Wish you could all come...what will you bring?

Look, am ready to admit that posh is unlikely.....ahem, can't even seem to spell perfectly posh correctly ( see title) am having delusions of grandeur, leave me be to enjoy it while I can. Thankyou)

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger wayne said...

I'd love to be there, but hard to get to England from Canada on short notice. :).

Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog Helen.

12:16 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Count me in! I have just the perfect hat too!

I shall be bringing a tomato/balsamic/basil salad. Oh I can't way!

(If only.. *sigh*)

12:30 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

How about a cake? :) Would love to come see your country summer home!

Now money and flying are my only issues. ;)

12:30 pm  
Blogger odat_kim said...

I'm in, although from a distance. Maybe if hubby books our trip to London we could have tea somewhere, got to have a proper English tea while I'm there.
Kim

3:27 pm  
Blogger rachel said...

I'll be bringing a Greek tomato, cucumber, red onion and feta salad. As for the hat, I think I'll have to do some shopping!

;)

4:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i really, really wish i could come for real!

4:29 pm  
Blogger Moobear said...

Would if I could. :P

5:34 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

If I could be there, I would bring Saucy Cocktail Meatballs and Strawberry Cheesecake with Pecans, and of course a bottle of wine!!!! I'll close my eyes and pretend to be there!!!

7:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your site, via Amalah, and adore it. Witty and honest and not at all trying to be anything other than you.
Regarding your posh party, I love summer lunches. Particularly those that include a good martini and even better women.

Good luck with your lovely new home!

9:09 pm  
Blogger Ranni said...

I feel perfectly posh when having cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off. Don't know why, but I do. So that's what I'd bring to a perfectly posh party, lol.

7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home