Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pure Genius.

Hoorah! Problem solved, in theory. Lacey suggested checking out all inclusive prices for flights and hotels when we go to LA in December. Genius! Complete and utter fabulousness. It will cost only an extra £600 to stay for 3 weeks in a hotel, like we are really on holiday! Our own space, someone to make our beds, the feeling of actually going on HOLIDAY. Oh joy. I am going to do it.
I am now excited to go, having spent weeks dreading the very idea I can now look to December and think of sun, shopping, sleeping in clean sheets in a bed ( which will be made by someone else) being able to drive over to grandpa's house and feel like we are visiting because HEY we are on HOLIDAY all the way from England.
Now, I feel like the scrimping and saving will be a joy, because we're going on HOLIDAY, not spending £2.000 to feel very grumpy and put upon and hard done by and all that jazz.
When we visit the house we can actually feel like maybe we can go out to eat or maybe someone will cook for US, instead of ' she's here, when's dinner?'
If we feel overwhelmed by the volume of people, well we can have a day at the hotel and use the pool, we can call and say " HEY! we're going to Disneyland wanna come?" instead of wondering if anyone is going to do anything and HEY WE'RE ON HOLIDAY...... Entertain us!
I am giddy with excitement because I have never had a holiday EVER, not ever. This will be a HOLIDAY! For ME!
So, now we can step up the saving ( as well as moving again, twice) and so you may notice that paypal button because well I see that on lots of blogs, big blogs and little blogs and I have never thought anything but " hey, wonder if that works?"
It is by no means a guilt button. It can be ignored or clicked on. ( actually, that does make me feel a bit squirmy) At this stage I am willing to do anything for a HOLIDAY. Anything except make my regulars feel uncomfortable or obliged. Please don't. It's more for those well to do famous people who I am sure read my blog and wish they could pay me gazillions for my wit and daily episodes of drama and unbelievable news. Those people. It's to make them feel happy and fulfilled. See? I am kind and thoughtful through and through aren't I?
I am pretty sure that I won't ever be able to buy a home or a car that smells like leather instead of wet dog and burning oil, some people manage that with their blogs but that pressure to perform and please would render me unable to write anything but " um........err........today I um, thought, err.......oh no am blank, can't write" so no homes or cars but maybe a bit of holiday?
I'm waffling and excusing myself. I shall stop.
I am going on HOLIDAY, I am. I am going to ebay and sell all my worldly goods and we are going to eat cheap and cheerful meals, walk if we can and clap our hands at the growing penny jar and dream of LA in December, Disneyland and sea world, visiting grandpa and Auntie Kara.
I can't wait to go to target and see clothes for the fuller figure in abundance on regular hangers ( not shoved in the back of the shop with double the price on them)
We will eat Mongolian barbeque, good pizza, get refills and have people smiling at us everywhere we go, we will have people tell us to have a good day and sound like they mean it.
I love England I really do but Americans know how to have a good time. I am so ready for a good time. 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS in a HOTEL, on HOLIDAY.
Oh sweet joy, anyday now, once the HOLIDAY is booked, I will have a sparkling annoying flashy thing, telling the world how many days are left until we fly.
Actually, the whole idea makes me feel like this





Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




we just heard pure joyful giggling from the garden, looked out of the window
and saw him.....is this not the epitome of joy and freedom? What would I give to feel THIS free??
Yeah, just thinking of 3 weeks in a hotel in a sunny place makes me feel like that.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm almost as excited as you are. Hey my house smells like wet dog today too.

7:22 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Good for you!!!! The Hotel is juist what you need. I am excited for you!!!! Live it up!!!!!

10:41 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Woohoo! sounds like a lot of fun! Especially the idea of having someone clean up after the family. And having your own space.

10:43 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

oooh it sounds perfectly lovely Helen!
I would so love to bring my gaggle of boys down and stay in the same hotel - wouldn't that be a riot? they'd probably never forgive us, but lawks, what a time we'd have!

2:23 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

OH! I am so excited for your HOLIDAY too!!! And I don't even get to go!! But you deserve it soooo much Helen, and that makes it so much fun for the rest of us.

~Lisa~

2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home