Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

A very clear disclaimer, though not an apology. No, certainly not that.

It has come to my attention that someone accessed my blog through my son's email account. Oh dear. Isn't it said that curiosity killed the cat? How are you feeling dear other peoples' email reader? Do you feel happy? No? Oh dear, how sad.

You found a link to my blog and don't like what you read here. Oh dear, how sad. Here's the deal though.

Tough.

The very nature of a blog is that it gives the writer ( ME! HELLO!) the freedom and ability to write WHATSOEVER they damn well choose. Whatever the writer (ME! HELLO!) writes is the truth, so if I write something, here, on MY blog, it is the truth in my head, even if it's not in yours. No apologies for that, it's bloody marvellous, get one.... a blog, give it a go and write down everything that ails you. Fantastic.

If you have managed to read right through my blog ( well done you! Wow.) you will have read several times that I DO NOT WANT MY CHILDREN TO READ THIS.
Did you miss that part? When I am dead they can read it and I hope that they know well enough that I love them.
Inadvertently, I emailed Dan a link to the blog when I wanted him to see some pictures of the splendid house we were moving to.
Bugger, too late. Thing is, Dan has looked and seen lovely pictures and read a part that I asked him to ( good boy, obedient to his mother) and the rest? Too many words, he could be H's biological son, loves me to death but all that reading? Gah! no thanks.

So, reader who stumbled upon me and is probably glued in a train wreck kind of way, feel free to stay and read but DO NOT feel free to whine, complain, demand or call Dan asking him to TELL me to remove, change or apologise for anything you do read. I suggest you lose the link, erase from your mind anything and everything you may have read here. LET IT GO.
If you read about things he hasn't told you about, maybe they aren't important to him anymore, maybe you don't need to know everything, maybe he even forgot.
I can't remember what I may have written about you ( if anything) and to be honest, I don't care.
I imagine I felt it strongly at the time, but I am a bit simple and on the whole, I forget things very quickly. I can read a book 15 times because I forget, i get mad about things, write about it and ....forget.
I will never have an ulcer.
Heart attack maybe or stroke, possibly, ulcer..no... So, if I said anything mean about you ( and I doubt it) I should probably apologise for hurting your feelings, but seeing as you read whatever has you in a tizzy having got the link from Dan's emails......I won't. I'm not sorry and am pretty sure that anything I may have written is exactly how I feel about things. Not sorry.
I very briefly thought about making this blog private to stop you snooping and telling tales but that would mean I lose the marvellous people who stop by and read me and like what they see, not going to happen. I am giving you the chance to be a grown up. Make your choices. Read and shut up or go away and shut up. Easy choice.
You can also choose to keep reading and then calling Dan to complain, not a good idea but you'll do what you'll do.
Dan said you were going to call me our number is the same as always but what can I say to you that I haven't said here? Eves droppers rarely hear good of themselves. Same goes for reading things that don't concern you. This is an open blog and as such, I run the risk of people finding and and learning what I really feel, I wish Dan didn't have the link but I believe that he doesn't read ... if he does he will only ever read that I adore him. I wish you didn't have the link...too bad, you do and there is little I can do about that.
I will be incredibly mad if at any time I have to change where I post because you feel the need to keep dragging my son here. I guess I will have to wait and see what you choose to do.
I won't have my boy hurt because of my blog, if you care for him at all and see something you think might hurt him...well you won't bring it to his attention will you? If you do, you are lower than I give you credit for.
If you want to tell me how you feel about this blog....hit the comments button and you can tell me your inner most annoyances. Just leave Dan out of it, if he wanted to read what I say, he would, he doesn't...do the math.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ranni said...

Very well said. Censoring a blog is, IMO, the death of a blog. Blogs are our creative venting and can be anything WE choose them to be. I'll admit my stomach did a slight flop when my brother gave my blog addy to the family, but they've known me for 36 years and know that I tell it like it is. The only one I really worry about is my dad. He made some bad choices that really affected my brother, sister and I but it's my history and I'll write it when I need to. He loves me and knows I love him, so in the end, it's all good.

Don't let anyone tell you what you can post or not post. Ever.

7:03 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Ugh, i hate when ppl snoop into things. I hope Dan doesn't get too much grief from said person!

I had problems with a family member accessing my first blog and had to change sites. it was horrible. But, the bottom line is, like you said, when you eves drop, you seldom hear something good. If you don't want to hear the truth, don't snoop where you don't belong.

Im sorry you have to deal with this and I hope this person just leaves it be.

7:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well since you have rarely mentioned Dan's friends, I can almost guess who's in an uproar. The best way to avoid reading something you don't like is to stop reading. We all know Dan is a lovely, wonderful, caring, smart young man, so nothing you have said has lead us to believe anything bad. What does sod off mean? Would it be appropriate to use here?

8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home