Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nineteen.

Today was Sophie's nineteenth birthday, the day was lovely enough that I was able to forget, for most of the day, that it is two years today that my dad died.
There, how's that for a short and to the point post?
This day, forever the day Sophie was born and my dad died. I've taken so long to write this that it's now tomorrow anyway so ha.....null and void anyway isn't it?
Sophie was sweet today, her unpredictability is the only thing that is predictable. She is very vocal about the fact that whatever we do for her her, her birthday is crap, no-one ever cares, crap crap crap. This year, loathe to disappoint her, I didn't do anything but make her a card, help the boys to make her cards and bake a cake. I picked her up at 10.30 this morning and we went to Teignmouth, where we trawled second hand shops for anything that will make her look like a greek Goddess for a fancy dress party. She had a blast, I spent £20 and then we had lunch, she had the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER. Typical and rather surprisingly splendid.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))

I'm glad Sophie had a nice birthday.

1:26 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Hugs!!!!

Glad Sophie had a great day.

2:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell her to get used to it. My birthdays have been crap for years. Perhaps your dad chose Sophie's birthday so you would have something else to focus on on that day each year.

9:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Soph, theres somefink here 4 u

7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home