Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, April 21, 2008

To pee, or not to pee, that is the question.

So, Isaac, every night, between 10.30 and 1am, Isaac gets out of bed and starts running, he runs up the stairs, down the stairs, along the hallways and then, when he feels he has hit the right spot, he pees. More often than not, in a shoe.
This is the most bizarre thing and when he hear his thumping thumpety feet we run, catch him, point him at the toilet and he will stand and shake from head to foot as he pees, such a blissful release. Sending him to pee before he goes to bed make no difference, he still needs that night time run. He refuses to believe that he does this running and peeing and I have taken to telling him that one of these nights I am going to video him doing it. The majority of our family has been on the receiving end of the wet shoe phenomenon, Jordan's were a favourite because his shoes hold at least a gallon. In the morning he asks if he ran last night and when I say 'of course, you always do' he will ask " Well, did you tape it then??' As yet I haven't.
Seth has the bladder of a camel, he can go to bed at 7.30, sleep til 7.30, wake up, have breakfast, get dressed...then pee because we say he should, you know, in case he explodes on the way to school maybe.
Elijah is pretty good now, hopeless at the whole bladder control thing until he was 3 1/2, his motto being " Ne'er mind" or " oh oh, it don't matter" At night time he doesn't get a drink and we haveto stand and watch him pee, each evening he chooses a different animal to be, on a bad tempered night he will do a spider wee because he don't need one and you can't make him do one he is only doing a spider wee and that's it. On a good night he does an Elephant wee or even a POWER RANGER wee...yeah, beat that!
Still, on occasion he wets the bed, no biggie, ne'er mind, oh oh, it don't matter.
Last night he did a monster POWER RANGER HUGE wee, ahhhhhhhhhh, heaven.
Off he went to bed and when I went to bed just before 2am he was wet....I tutted and changed, him, stripped the bed and "What? How does this kid do that? He peed like a racehorse ..or POWER RANGER of the monster variety, had nothing to drink and yet, soaked, even the TOP of his quilt was wet man that takes talent!
All clean and dry I went to bed myself and had a lovely sleep til 5am. ( whoo 3 hours!)
This evening, H went up to bed and came back down laughing, he said how Isaac came out of his room for his nightly run and made straight for the toy drawers in the landing.....H had to pick him up and run to the bathroom with him. It was only then the mystery of how Eli managed to pee on TOP of his bed last night became clear to me.
Maybe Isaac should quit the bedtime drink too, what do you think?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Ranni said...

OMG! My mouth dropped open at that right before I had to laugh. Wow. Poor, Eli, lol.

When Bear was Eli's age to 6 he would get up at night, go to pee in the bathroom and do so while spinning in a circle. And have no memory of doing so. Oh the tales we're saving up for when they're grown, lol.

1:03 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

AHHAHAHAHA - That was a hilarious blog.
I can totally picture it too.
We also have a camel (Matthew) a wild middle of the night pee-er (Duncan) and the Joey boy who would rather pee in a diaper still (sigh). I love your kids.

1:29 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Oh that is hysterical. i know it's probably not so funny for you and H, but funny to read. Thankfully, I haven't experienced that, yet. Although, have experienced the wetting to bed part.

Ahhhhhh!

6:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I think perhaps he should. Had to cut Lyrics off and no juice at night either because that seems to make it worse. Only milk. She has stopped between that and the pee before bed.

9:36 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Yes (he he) I'd quit Isaac's bedtime drink. :)

11:54 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home