Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, April 20, 2009

All done and dusted.

I did it. That whole tribunal thing.
Again.
13 months after I did it last time.
What a year....nothing wrong with you, yes there is...prove it again, nothing wrong with you I said! Prove it again.
I won.
Yet again I made myself sick with all the endless thinking, I didn't sleep much last night and the fact that my appointment wasn't until 3.45pm was painful, a whole day to get through while thinking and thinking.
I went and I spoke, I explained and I told them that actually, I was done with this whole proving business. I explained that I had enough to do, enough to think about, enough to work on, I didn't need, or want to have to explain myself anymore. I told them that a great deal of my life is spent in fixing on the positive, I work hard on being cheerful and focusing on the good things that I have now. I explained that I did not think the amount of money that is stopped every week, every time this happens, is worth the worry caused when I have to go though these tribunals.
I want to be able to laugh, have fun, enjoy life without worrying about how that might look.
I didn't want to read reports saying I am 'unkempt' or see myself described as having ' a blank expression' I have important things to do, I do them, I take control of the things I can control and the rest? I worry about it and I still manage to get them done and am surprised and yet grateful, when the bad things don't happen.
I answered their questions, I cried and I laughed and again, I told them about this blog.
Long story short, they said that the decision was ruled in my favour.
That's great, though this time I found that when it came down to it, I didn't really care.
The best part of the day was when the consultant said " May I stop you for a moment and say that you are the most sane and normal person I have come across and your coping skills are remarkable. There is nothing ' unkempt' about you and you certainly don't have a ' blank expression'.
And then it was done.
I'm not doing that again....really.
I hope that now, having been though this twice in a year it can be noted that I could maybe just be let alone for a while.
That'd be great.
I love this blog and I really love the support I get from you. Thank you lovely blog reading people.
As saving plans go, this is a particularly effective one because now I get a refund on the 29 weeks they have not paid me the incapacity component but really, I don't recommend it. I feel a holiday coming on.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

It seems that so much has changed since that "unkempt" time, Helen. I've loved seeing your progress and missed you horribly when I was "gone." :) So happy to be back. And I miss you now. You're much too far away.

12:05 am  
Blogger Tired Mom of Six said...

Of all the words I can think of to describe you, "unkempt" is not even on the radar screen.

I'm glad someone in the tribunal noticed what I've known all along - how wonderful you actually are.

Sending my love across the pond...mist you xoxo

12:35 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

oh that goodness that rubbish is done with.

2:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holidays to Canada sound nice :)

3:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Helen, I am so relieved for you. No one should be put through that on an annual basis. It's remarkable the things that people do to others without ever a thought on how it affects them. It makes me wonder how they sleep at night, but my guess is they never give it a second thought. I hope today is a blissfully spent day of relief. Enjoy what you can while you can. That is all we can do.

9:41 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I'm with G. Holidays are very well taken to Canada. In August. Just sayin' :)

I'm so very glad you are so very done with all of that.

3:29 pm  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Good for you...maybe you taught THEM a lesson!

6:06 pm  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Glad that it went in your favor and I hope you don't have to deal with this for awhile. I know that every time you have to go through this it causes stress.

12:18 am  
Blogger Ms. Sarah said...

so glad it worked out for you. I am so happy. holidays are nice :)
hugs
sarah

2:36 pm  
Blogger Cathy said...

You show them who is "unkept" and blank stare! Now tell them to back off or you will bite their ankles!

Love you1

1:32 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

I thought for sure I had commented earlier. Losing my mind I am!! Pffffft anyway - glad it was a success, and no surprise to me that they called you remarkable.
Hope that money you have coming to you starts arriving soon. Holidays sound lovely....
j.

8:09 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

I thought for sure I had commented earlier. Losing my mind I am!! Pffffft anyway - glad it was a success, and no surprise to me that they called you remarkable.
Hope that money you have coming to you starts arriving soon. Holidays sound lovely....
j.

8:09 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh look - now it posted my comment twice. I think your blog is playing nasty tricks on me!!

8:10 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home