Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, June 06, 2009

This time last year.



This time last year, we were waiting for you. We thought we knew who you were, we thought we knew how we would feel. We thought we knew all kinds of things.


And then, you were born.


Then, we knew that we didn't know anything, that you were here and were going to show us what love was.

Joshua, I don't think you will ever know, though I hope you will always feel, just how loved you are.


I had no idea how wonderful being a grandma would be.

Thankyou for showing me.























I love you. Love Grandma xxxx









Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

So sweet Helen. He is simply adorable!

Just took a peek back at his newborn pics. He's grown so much!

Happy 1st Birthday Joshua!!

2:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful boy. Happy Birthday!!!

9:56 am  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Happy First Birthday to Joshua! I love the picture of him squatting and checking out his shadow. So cute.

10:33 pm  
Blogger Tired Mom of Six said...

What a beautiful blonde haired little one year old boy! Happy Birthday, Joshua!

xoxox from an Auntie across the pond

11:36 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Gosh, that made me tear up!! It's beyond evident to everyone that Joshua is the apple of your eye!! He is loved by many (even some who've never seen him in person!), and yes, he knows how much you love him!

xoxo

1:00 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

oh wow... he's scrumptious and SOOOO big! Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy!

12:11 pm  
Blogger mom to three great kids said...

what a beautiful little one year old!!!
Happy First birthday!!!

1:20 pm  
Blogger Ms. Sarah said...

happy birthday joshua

11:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home