Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Where did THAT come from?!

I am in shock to discover I have a raging tigress within me.... I have always been so sure that I will be the coolest mother alive and an even cooler mother in Law, my childrens' partners were absolutely and positively going to sing my unintrusive prasies and hail my name for being so fabulously fabulous.
WRONG! Sophie has,today, gone out on her frist date, with 17 year old Matt who works in Mac Donalds ( or is it McDonalds?) anyhoo......she likes him, he likes her, they text and call and in the most divine and fondly remembered way she tells me that everytime her phone rings her stomach flips and she longs for it to be him ( oh long may my girl feel this way) So, today, at last, he asked her to meet him after work and they will do something together...here's where the tigress begins to bare her teeth...what will he do with her? It seems that I am absolutely to be eaten away with the need for my daughter to know what it is to be cherished, she MUST know the feeling of being so important that nothing is too great for her, I am desperate for her to be wined ( or apple juiced) and dined, to get flowers and presents and feel so important she could burst with the joy of it.
She was divine, she paced and fussed and said more than once that she sort of wished that she still wasn't 16 because then she could just say she wasn't allowed to go out and what if she couldn't think of anything to say? ( Sophie? struck DUMB? oh, but that I should be witness to that!!) Imagine this gobby, feisty, contrary girl being so obedient that she DID wait until she was 16 before having her first date. She asked my opinion on what to wear and miracle of miracles she took my advice and she looked beautiful and sweet and I longed for her to be 5 again.
I will be the mother in law from Hell....I know it, just let one man ever treat my girl as if she is anything but the most precious thing he has ever been entrusted with. Just let her once confide in me that he has made her feel like crap or as if she wishes she were anywhere but right where she is and I will let rip like never before...every ounce of anger that I don't feel justified feeling for myself because some stupid dumbass man has convinced me that I'm worthy of nothing but the dregs he can't be bothered to give anyone else, will get punched in the face of anyone who dares to even try and make my child feel so worthless.
I know why the Lord gave me 5 sons and just one girl, so that I can teach just 5 men how their supposed loved ones should be treated and teach my one daughter her true worth, may she never ever feel as if she is trapped in such misery that she can't escape, may she never lose the fight and the knowledge that she is of infinite worth. And one day, may I remember that my mother told me the same thing and I allowed it to be squeezed out of me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Q said...

Sophie is beautiful Helen. :) I hope she had a great time on her first date! My 18 year old has yet to have a first date! Taking after me that way I guess. Oh well, I didn't do too bad waiting. :)

Julie

1:49 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home