Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, May 27, 2005

Poor me..or am I lucky?

Oh poor me! I have the flu thing that has hit my whole family...of course they are all well now thank goodness! My head throbs, my body aches ( rather curiously, my bum cheeks ache the most?!) my ears are pulsing and hurt so much and to top it all good old aunt flo is here!
We had the house inspection today ..actually H did, it is the one thing that I absolutely walk away from, I will clean, paint, scrub and fluff but I'll be darned if I am going to wander around my home behind an estate / letting agent, with my palms sweating wondering if he thinks I am clean enough. Arseholes to that missus. Of course when I get home ( from the smallest zoo in the west today, sweet little place that takes 30 minutes to walk 'round twice) I need to know every syllable uttered by the letting agent....

"hey how did it go"
" yeah, good"
" so, was he pleased with how we keep the house?"
" oh yeah"
" what did he say?"
"what do you want me to say?"
( are you getting the gist of where/ how this is going?!)
"well, I want to hear what he said about it all"
" oh. he said it was good"

That all makes the three weeks of painting, papering, gardening, worrying, worth it doesn't it? Are you all simply eaten away with jealousy at my being married to a man so poetical as this?
when I first met H ( well I say met, I met him through the internet, how scary is that?!) I didn't have my own computer so all my messages went to my parents house ( gets scarier doesn't it!?)
I got a call one day to say that there was a new message...in my giddy excitement I pleaded with my sister to read it to me........
" I could just go for an English Rose right now"
WHOOHOO HE WANTED ME!! What sweet words, awww love him...... I dreamed of sweet whispered nothings ( which actually is what I get now I think about it!!) such romance and I knew that when I heard his american accent and he said such sweet things to me I would swoon with great british femininity!
2 days later I got the printed e.mail......
" I could just go for an English ROAST right now".............. says it all doesn't it?! A man of few words my husband.
I am assured that a sharp smack on my ever expanding backside means he loves me. His idea of a perfect suprise gift to his heavily pregnant ,40 year old wife,( aka mamma hippo) is to leave a jar of anti wrinkle cream capsules perched on top of his dad's bathroom cabinet ( purchased from the dollar store of course, thus proving that he is both thoughtful AND thrifty)
I am, I have to say, coming round to his way of thinking somewhat, because at least he lives what he believes, he knows I love him when he gets roast lamb for dinner ( I have delivered 3 sons to my husband, 2 quite naturally, one with an epidural purely to see what it would be like.....not so much as a furrowed emotional brow did I see ....I have seen his eyes fill with tears when a delicious lamb roast was picked to the bone!!)
He was almost overcome with joy this week when I told him how much I liked him " there ya go...see? see? that's what matters!" I told him this when I had come home from a round of mind numbingly boring chores that had taken me all day to find the most perfectly clean house and home made burritos, when he did the dishes afterwards I just had to tell him that I like him as much as I love him. He is, quite honestly, a complex and infuriatingly obsessive man with a fabulous sense of humour, so much loyalty and devotion it is almost too much to comprehend and I trust him with my life.
I am learning that although roses and jewellery would be truly fabulous ( don't forget my ring, still right there in the jewellers next to the bank....I haven't!!) to have someone truly with me in raising these little men, to hear him say " what did mommy say? " "or " maybe we can check with mommy and see if she says that's a good plan" to the boys, meaning that my opinion counts and that he knows we are in this together. Watching him with 3 little boys all working together and his endless patience while he lets them do things themselves even though it means he will have to mop, wipe, brush and clean afterwards.....that has to be a bigger statement doesn't it? I am thrilled that this time I get to raise my children together with their daddy. I love him and even more importantly I like him...and he is glad about that, can't be bad can it?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

I ma sorry your bum hurts! Damn the FLU!!! On a brighter note, your hubby sounds awsome...REAL.

-Laurie

10:10 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Sorry to hear you are sick Helen. It is hard to be the Mommy when are sick. :(

And yes, you are lucky to be married to such a nice man. I'm not jealous though, I've got my own. ;)

2:44 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww Helen.
(((BIG BEAR HUGS)))) Being sick sucks, don't it?! I am so sorry!

Your DH is most certainly a DEAR H!!! Bless him. Isn't it wonderful knowing that we are loved...ever increasing rumps & all? LOL :)
Bless you friend, for you are a blessing.
-J

4:48 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home