Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Picture this!

Today, at school and nursery it was picture day. I so remember the pictures days from when Daniel, Jordan and Sophie were at school and the hours spent making sure uniforms were perfect and hair was tidy, until I forgot one year and Sophie came home with a photo that just made my day! It was SO Sophie, hair all over her face, crooked sweatshirt and a slightly grubby face....it was by FAR my most favourite school picture ever.
Today I wasn't sure if Isaac was having his picture taken but we had Seth's appointment with the blue clouded background marked in the diary so he had a specially vigorous face wash and hair comb ( but I must say I made sure I did it as H has a tendancy towards a somewhat Hitlerite 'do' ) off we went......home time and both boys were thrilled to say the picture man had been.
" Did you smile Seth? "
"Yep"
" how splendid, and did you have your picture taken BEFORE lunch or after lunch?" "after lunch" right then, I am can be pretty sure I am correct in my assumption that we are in for a photo that we will gaze at fondly for many years judging by the crust around his nostrils ( when will that EVER dry up it's been WEEKS!) and the kit kat remnants around his mouth!
" ME too" said my Isaac " me too"
" how exciting Isaac...did you smile?"
" HA HA HA -- Me Jooolee" and he showed us what his Julie had done to make sure he smiled, just the re-enactment of her tongue sticking and cross eyed faces had him completely convulsed , so again I suspect a treat is in store. Marvellous! That's Fathers' day for grandpa and papa sorted then!

Much progress from both Seth and Isaac lately, Seth has suddenly discovered letters and the whole point of reading, 4 years and 9 months and he gets it..how cool is that? He is excited by the discovery and is quick ( in true Seth fashion) to point out our every mistake " Hey, why do you keep calling him IZUK? If it's I-S-A-A-C it should be eyssuck and you keep saying Izuk...but there's no Z in his name is there?" smartarse! ( wait til he works out it should actually be eyesark!!)

My Isaac is learning everything Seth is learning but more importantly he is much braver at nursery, at last they are seeing the delicious boy we know, funny and brave and loving...of course he is still himself and when we are out and people talk to him ( and they do, all the time) he is embarrassing in the extreme in that he absolutely will not look at them, won't answer them and even turns his back...the look on his face is classic it screams " yeah? AND? you think I give a **** ?!" I stand and pretend I haven't noticed but sort of wish I could say " he's not rude, he's autistic" but he's autistic, not stupid, so that's out !

Dear Elijah....funny baby of mine ( will he have that tag his whole life poor little sod, when his shoes are the same size as Jordan's will I still say' my baby'?) he has the greatest facial expressions and is just divine to be around and he loves geewafts, I hope he never learns to say Giraffe, I shall punch, quite hard, anyone who tries to get him to say it any other way than geewaft...hooray for little people I say.

3 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

LOL Shane said Fee-a-tur for theater for EVER! And anytime someone tried to correct him chris and i would say hush!

He'd say fallorina for umbrella. Just so cute...and now the only thing he still mispronounces if thief. He calls it fief.

Loved it!

3:33 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh I hope you'll be posting those pics when they come in!!!!

Can't wait to see them!

Julie

4:14 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Too cute about the school pictures Helen. :) Looking forward to seeing them myself.

I too will call my youngest my baby far too long. He's 4 and still do it! ;) Poor little guy.

Julie

12:36 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home