Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What a day today...we are super spring cleaning, cupboards, garden, garage, you name it, it's getting turned out, cleaned, thrown out or packed up, if it stays still it's painted or scrubbed...fantastic. I turned out my wardrobe and found my teeny tiny baby clothes that just couldn't be given away, one particular favourite had the sleeves rolled up where it had obviously been too big for tiny Elijah. A teeny-weeny cardigan worn by Jordan and Isaac when I brought them home from hospital. 2 cotton blankets that swaddled Eli. I swear I felt my heart actually weep a bit as I put them away knowing I will never again use them for a baby I have grown and given birth to.
I am just so completely brilliant at the baby making thing. I conceive frighteningly easily, carry well and shoot them out at such an alarming speed that I have three times caught the medical people completely unawares. I will blow my own trumpet and say that the fruits of my loins are particularly well put together too. *sigh* and no more will I do what I do so well. I shall, however be a spectacular granny / nana/ grandma though never a nanny because it is possible to hire a nanny , it is also possible to milk a nanny ( goat) so I shall refuse that title thankyou very much.
I have whitewashed my front steps today, looks very clean and inviting.....I have begun what I set out to do, I am making my home my dream. Hoorah!

1 Comments:

Blogger -Lo said...

Horrah!!!! Is right!
I feel much like you do. I do not actually WANt another child, but sometimes i feel i need one.
I feel like "Can this really be it? No more breastfeeding or toddeling around?"
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(((HUGS)))

6:40 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home