Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, July 04, 2005

Gratitude.

I have many things to be so grateful for and lately am able to see more clearly what these things are. I am so thrilled to be able to grasp such joy from the simplest things and each day am bombarded with life's moments that need grabbing and remembering and certainly recording.
Isaac slept until 6.30 this morning and he came into our room and said " daddy.....DADDY.....DADDY!" ( how cool is it that he wakes daddy not me!!) " Me have a BIG nap, a GI-ER nap, A FEE FI FO NAP!", I'm going to long for the day I can enjoy a Fee Fi Fo nap, a giant nap that feels so great you have to run in and tell the person you love as soon as you wake up from it. Heaven.
This evening, after having having his bath and hair washed ( not his favourite thing at all) he was snuggling with daddy and told daddy that he had his hair washed and daddy should smell it ( smells are SO important to my Isaac, you know you are truly loved when he tells you to smell his beloved Lellow Ba, his supreme comfort, one sniff of lellow ba and all is well in Isaac's world) Daddy, naturally, told him that the fragrance of tropical fruit was enough to make him almost edible..to which my Isaac scrunched up his nose and tried very hard to smell......." oh, me no tan't mell me hair, me too low nose, huh daddy?" Darn it, imagine having hair that smells so good your daddy could almost eat you and your bloody nose being too low to get a good sniff! Problem solved, he sniffed Elijah's hair which had had the same beauty treatment and knew immediately that he was indeed delicious.

Four kids in one room, 3 little boys and a teenage girl, you think it would be a nightmare and of course there are many reasons why it would be fabulous if Sophie had her own room ( in her own house preferably) but honestly, I creep in when all are asleep and just stand in the middle, wondering which one to look at first, the layout of the room is such that actually 3 walls are covered with beds holding my sleeping children ( rather like having all my eggs in one basket) and I just stand and listen to them breathe some nights, I would do the same with Jordan but he eats what he cooks and it all has profuse amounts of garlic in it, his room is tiny and suffice to say I have to hold my breath if I go in his room while he is sleeping!! He is divine of course and I adore him. I just don't feel able to breathe in his smell quite the way I did when he was a baby!

I'm particularly in love with H at the moment, no specific reason except it is just so nice to be with him. He is very funny and I love the way he says things that make me snort about 30 seconds after he has said them because it takes that long for me to realise what he just meant. I also so appreciate the fact that I can go and do all the running about and when I crawl back home it is almost always clean and organised, I NEVER have to do any cleaning in the kitchen how great is THAT?......he has such patience with the boys and plays with them and lets them do things that I would just do for them to avoid the mess and be quicker. I truly think that between us we have most things covered that these little boys need to grow up to be happy and good men.

One of these days I will do a 'Maria' and list a few of my favourite things that cheer me up on a mundane day. ( I always laugh at the song in ' the sound of music' when it says " when the dog bites...." and she sings about the things that help her not feels so bad but doesn't list kicking the bloody dog..wouldn't that be the first thing that'd help?) Anyway not that I want to jinx a great thing but I actually think I can go to bed and get some sleep tonight. Wish me luck!! Night night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home