Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I can spell October.

Being a parent means so many things and emotions can switch from elation to frustration in the blink of an eye ( and back again just as quickly) One of my most favourite parts of being a mother has to be the things they say.
Never will you hear such absolute honesty than from the mouths of babes, they can make or break you with a single sentence!

Tonight Seth was having his computer time and his latest joy is to set up an e.mail and just spell things. He called though to me.... "oh, hey, mummy, I can spell october!" The kid is a genius, 5 years old and can spell october ( I'm impressed that he even knows what month it is, never mind know how to spell it!)
" How clever are you? How DO you spell October? "
" O-K-T-O-B-U"
Completely brilliant.

Also this evening Isaac was sitting on H's lap watching TV and he said
" mummy, me saw some bootafull frowers, I was wiv my daddy, me want buy um for you"
" Isaac, how exciting, how beautiful were they?"
" they was ferry bootafull, me say buy um my mummy....but daddy said no"
the look on H's face was probably worth more than the flowers would have cost except I couldn't see his face, it was cringing behind Isaac's back. Oh my husband.....I bet you wish Isaac hadn't mastered the spoken word don't you?!?

My sister Leah was just a little bit of a girl when I was pregnant with Dan, I was staying at the house with mum and dad and Leah was in the bathroom when I was getting out of the bath, looking at my stretch marks she said
" when I grow up I am going to have maps on my bum too!"

H has said some pretty spectacular things in his time too...
Newly married and getting ready for church, I put my hand right through the last pair of tights I had, I saked H to run out and get me some to which he replied
" Sure, what size do you need, Queen?"
QUEEN SIZE???? SINCE WHEN WAS I A MATTRESS?!?

He asked me how his mama hippo was when I was 8 months pregnant, not a wise move......ever seen a pregnant woman do the snot cry? That gulping kind of weeping that makes snot come out of your nose eyes and even your ears? Yeah right, he was particularly careful in the words he chose from then on!

Feel free to share your howlers with me....I love them!

Oh and I have to say that I am simply glowing with delight at the comments I got yesterday....I am thrilled to see who is reading me and beyond thrilled that some of you came out of hiding to let me know! Don't be secretive, say hello whenever you come by, I love to have you visit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

rofl that made me roll with laughter, literally.

OKay, here's mine.

One day I was getting dressed, and Billy was watching me. He says "Mommy you're big."
"um...what did you say Billy?"
"your big. like cwifford"
"Honey do you think mommy's pretty?"
"Yes mama you are bery pwetty."
"Do you think Mama is ugly?" (I was asking this to test and see if he actually knew what he was saying)
"No mama, u bery pwetty."
"Is Mama big?"
"Yes Mama you BEWWY BIIIIIIIIIIIIG" (arms outstretched as far as they would to either side).

Oh dear son. Honesty is a wonderful trait.


Most of the time.

-J

9:42 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I think the funniest thing ever said to me was by Jenna. Just recently too. It was a classic.

I too was getting out of the shower. Jenna walked in and said, in perfect little girl innocence, "Wow, your belly is getting big" I replied, "Yep, the baby is really growing!" and the hooligan says to me "Why is your bum so big then?"

And then there was the dressing room incedent.
J-"WOW!!! Mommy, you have REALLY big boobies!!"
To which I could hear about 4 other snickerings(is that a word??) coming from the other change rooms!!

Love that kid!
~Lisa~

2:19 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Oh yes, Queen size is the size I wear! I hate that! I'm not even that big! Although, I can't really be insulted when the A size fits my skinny little size 4 daughter right?

I can't ever remember my kids saying anything about my size. I do hide it well though. Lucky me right? Just the doctor says stuff like get more excercise. ;)

One time, when Eddie was about 3 1/2, my husband took him Christmas shopping for me. They came home and Eddie walked up the gate dividing him from the kitchen and said "Where's you watch Mommy?" It was hard not to laugh! Well, I had to wait until Christmas to find out where my watch was. :) My husband never took him Christmas shopping again.

3:09 am  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

It's probably only funny to us, but Gunther used to call Sarah "Sarah-Chicken" and pretend to munch on her.. then one day she said "No Daddy! I'm Sarah NOT-Chicken!" We still get a howl out of that one ;)

Hugs

Julie

5:13 am  
Blogger Claire said...

Once when I was babysitting the neighbor kids and taking the 2-year-old up to bed since he was crying and whining so much, I said to him, "Brody, do you know why I'm taking you up to your bed?" "No," he whined, while doing the combination if-I-put-my-body-completely-stiff-she-won't-be-able-to-carry-me move while flailing his arms around. "I'm taking you up to bed because you're not being good and you're not happy." Instantly, the crying and stiff body stopped, he sat straight up in my arms, got a big smile on his face, and said, "I happy boy now."

He didn't have to go to bed for another hour.

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home