Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, January 13, 2006

Awwww, those tender bonding moments.

Just as we were thinking that the troll under the stairs was going to premanantly blight our joyful existance in our new home, something happened to bring us together, at 3am.
At 11pm our electricity went out, hmmmm , we thought, what could the matter be? The fuse box was telling us that something wasn't earthed correctly...ponder that for a moment and remember that Jordan has fixed a jazzy car light in his room with dimmer switch, "lanky bugger" muttered I, "I bet he's done it wrong" so by torchlight H and I took it down, still in the dark ( both literally and mataphorically speaking) so we turned everything off and one by one turned them back on to see if we could re-set the trip switch....zilch, nada, nothing, nope.
Oh well, we went to bed and swiftly fell into a blissful slumber, thinking that we would sove the problem the next morning.
3am, mouth like a mudwrestlers jock strap, tiptoe down stairs to get a drink of water.....plenty of water to be had too...in fact gallons of it pouring though the ceiling, through the light fittings, down walls, wallpaper bulging on walls and ceilings......HELP!!!! Where is it coming from, bathroom is above, wake H and go into bathroom , you know, the one with the quaint swivelling taps? Taps were swivelling and not quaint because they were fitted badly and not tightened and WHOOSH had burst apart.....we played the "how fast can you find the stopcock in a new house?" game and H won, he found it and switched it off, hoorah....not before both we and the troll under our stairs had been flooded. Our neighbour was in our kitchen at 4am where we had a civilised chat about the wooden floors, 3 little boys and the fact that we aren't playing 'fling the boulder' with them we are merely living as people with little children live. I got the impression that it was his girlfriend who has issues- except she is out all day and he isn't. Oh well.
We are having our piano delivered any minute...ha ha! me thinks that might drive them truly insane. I'm a little glad I don't live below us, truth be told!

I took a picture I thought you might like....this is a familiar sight in Jordan's room......Image hosted by Photobucket.com

they all pile in and watch DVD's I love it....I'm not so keen on the washing up they leave-- it can get very boring having to carry it all back into Jordan's room ( I'm sure he'll get the message any day now!!)but I love to hear the laughing ( from a distance, love these thick walls!) It's great that they all get on so well and that Sophie is included in it all too.

Here's a picture of my school boy Isaac, he got six stickers yesterday, one for every letter he named in a voice louder than a whisper! He also did P.E, changed into shorts and t-shirt and joined in!! This is a brave Isaac who is set to show us all just how brave and smart he truly can be.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's my baby in his big boy bed....we are having a blast on our won all day, I have been so stressed and hurried for so long I had forgotten just how delightful this little man is, naughty when not entertained, but divine all the same.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's great to be back, I have lost all my addresses etc from my old server grrrrrrr! If you feel like leaving me your e.mail addies and IM names (AOL) I shall save them and guard them with my life this time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Gosh, nothing says howdy like a 4 a.m. flood! Glad to hear you were able to get it all righted up.

Looks like you're all in heaven over there :) SO glad to hear it!

If you need my email you can get it through my blogger profile :)

5:53 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

At our last apartment, that same thing happened to us. The people above us let their toilet run over. It went down to us, then down to the 1st floor people! What a mess! So sorry to hear it happened to you. :(

Other than that, hopefully the visit from your neighbor will help a little. Sometimes you just have to get to know the people in order for them to be more understanding.

My email is in my blogger profile as well. :) My aol name is Juliekq64. If you want it. :)

6:24 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

oh your boys are just so cute!!! I'm glad you posted pics.
flood at 3am sounds just about par for the course....those things never happen at a convenient time ;) but boy am I glad it's fixed now. Must have been a rather interesting chat you had with the troll - oh to be a fly on the wall!
Anyway, I've been trying to comment for 2 days, and this is the first time I haven't gotten a blogger error message. woohoo!
Is your email still the same? I'd rather email you my addy than post it publicly...I'll try it and see ;)
if not, you can catch me on yahoo: my id is jenn_mac2

5:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home