Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, December 22, 2005

But Thanta won't know......


On a hideously traumatic dash to Marks and Spencers the day before yesterday, where grandpa and H dithered about whether paying £2.79 for some chicken thighs to make a chicken curry ( well, obviously...would hardly be a lamb curry would it?) weighing them in their hands and declaring that £2.79 seemed a bit steep.....clutching onto my last bit of patience ( barely) I hissed that the choice was chicken thighs from lovely M and S who are perfectly entitled to charge a bit more because merely walking through the foodhall makes me feel a bit grand, buying there makes me feel on a par with Martha Stewart ( is she still posh?) or beans on toast because wild horses wasn't going to drag me into another store with Isaac the human siren.
Isaac was supposed to be in a neighbouring store with Jordan who was buying treats for the sweetie table, his money ran out though and it wasn't nearly long enough before I heard the tell tale whining tone of the new Isaac. I am, lately, a bit disgruntled with the speech therapist who has taught my sweet yet silent Isaac to talk, and talk, and talk......and demand.
He enjoyed a brief stroll around the glittering store and then saw.......oh my gosh.....apparantly he has wanted, his whole life, that very police outfit with hat complete with working light and siren. How lovely, we'll make sure Santa knows. Seemed a good response and one that usually works on most kids the week before christmas. Not my Isaac.
"Oh..oh but OH maybe Thanta don't know which one is right?"
"He won't know mummy, I want buy it RIGHT NOW"
"Thanta won't know..... Thanta won't know, he don't know lith thtore, what he don't know, I want it mummy..mummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...I want it....."
ONE AND A HALF HOURS ( well maybe not, but certainly long enough for my brain to bleed and my normally festive self to start wishing it was february, otherwise known as suicide month in England as it is so bleak and so miserable. Yes, February suddenly seemed inviting to me) He doesn't appear to take a breath in his onslaught of whining and demanding and efforts to make me understand the importance of his needs and desires.
I tried to grasp onto the kindly and knowing smiles of elderly ladies who were finding the snatched snippet of his pleading quaint, and I smiled, at first, letting them remember the days when their children were questioning Santa's competance. Eventually though, my mouth took over and I found myself at almost a bellow saying " well then you just won't get it will you? Isaac, we will tell santa, we will tell him the police is suit is in Marks and Spencers and has a hat with a siren and a light ( and pray for extra patience or a week long bout of deafness because we all know treasures like that have to be purchased in threes, one each. Three wailing hats. With flashing lights. ) We will describe it in minute detail and Santa will use his discretion and decide if you get it or not...if he gets it wrong or you don't get it, well, it will be because you drove your mother to near insanity while she was trying to get daddy and grandpa to pick up the damn chicken thighs already and pay £2.79 for them for the sake of all that's supposed to be curried.
You know what this all means, don't you? Yes, it means that mummy had to go again to the place that is hell, this time of year , drive around and around in circles and try and park and then grab the last two--- ARGH TWO!!! Police suits and flashing helmets..Eli has a slightly different one, do you think he will notice? Do you? Please tell me he won't. Unfortunately, the playsuit doesn't have handcuffs...I was kind of thinking they might come in handy, 3 pairs of handcuffs, 3 naughty boys...tada! Problem solved.....darned toy manufacturers, never get it right, give us the noise and don't give us the handcuffs. Obviously made by males , while their wives and mothers of their children run around buying hearts desires and feeling their brains ( and ears) bleed.

..... oh and Isaac just glanced at the picture on this blog...he noticed that this is NOT the suit he saw...he was very quick to say " Nat nithe suit, I want the one we thaw though...at the thtore..not nat one" ... no pulling the wool over his eyes is there?!?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Oh I know about the buying things in 3's!!!
Pity that it didn't come with handcuffs, although I can't imagine my boys with handcuffs - I just know that somehow they would manage to bind me to a chair - helpless while they destroyed the house!
I miss M&S - we used to have them here, but they shut down :( - too bad, that's where I bought my GENUINE Scottish shortbread, and flakey bars. We called it Marks and Sparks for short, don't ask me why....
I am sure that Isaac will be reassured of all that is good in the world when Santa delivers him his precious outfit. Santa knows all!

3:02 pm  
Blogger -Lo said...

Oh Helen!!!! OMG I feel your pain totally.
There should be a mandated cut off date, and the news people issue it.
"Santa is no longer taking requests, the phones are closed."

My children think they can ask for somthing different from sants 3 days before Christmas. or dare i say it...they ADD on new things.

I say "NO! Santa got your request you may not have that new barbie that they JUST put out two days ago....(What are they thinking?)

breathe in....breathe out.....all together now...

4:11 pm  
Blogger Claire said...

I must agree that Marks and Spencer is fabulous. What a selection! Oh, and it seems Isaac doesn't miss a beat, what a sly little lad. Never fear, Helen, three more days and Christmas is here. Hope you make it!

10:37 pm  
Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Merry Christmas Helen... you deserve it!!! LOL

2:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home