Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, December 12, 2005

A nod's as good as a wink, to a blind horse.

So, some pretty good news on the house front, although still not the official nod from the agents yet ( sheesh, you think that Sally the agent dealing with us would forego days off wouldn't you? Days off ? What for ? What can she possible want to have days off for in mid december? WHAT?) Anyway, a phone call from my fairy godmother told me that she and Sally have had words and are firm friends, both agreeing that naturally, I am the best thing to happen to chandelier boasting town houses in sought after areas, to be trusted with beige coloured carpets and parking permits. Fairy Godmother and her accountant ( another sign of the times, fairy godmothers have accountants, would never have happened in Cinderella's day but what can you do? They call it progress but I'm not convinced myself.) have proven worthy and able and although, as yet, due to christmas postal services ( bah humbug, cards bah bah, how many trees have had to be chopped down in order to stop important mail arriving promptly? What's wrong with e.cards anyway??) the written evidence has yet to arrive on Sally's desk, I saw with my own eyes that we are stated, in writing, as " suitable applicants, with suitable and satisfactory references and guarantor" Not sure I think 'suitable' is a suitable word for me, and it is me, not 'we' in this case as everything is always done in my name....'marvellous' would be good, 'glorious' even better...but I'll take suitable for now.
Fairy Godmother also tells me that Sally likes me. Hoorah. That's probably not a requirement for renting but it all helps in the grand scheme of things and as soon as she calls us to say we are the new tenants for the big old house with thick walls and lots of space, I shall jolly well like her too.
So, if a nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse, I think I can almost safely assume we are good enough for this particular rental agency. Hip Hip hooray!
Oh and guess what. Fairy Godmother has a son ( not entirely sure that was done in Cinderella's day either, what IS the world coming to?) in fact she has 3 and all are a bit gorgeous, the eldest is called Orlando, here he is....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, I say here he is, I looked him up on the web. This is a picture of a grown man, it is, isn't it? I am aghast to tell you that I was his nanny. Yes , his nanny...he was 4 days old when I started to look after him and he didn't have stubble, or hair of any kind really, definately not the prickly facial kind..but he did have those eyes and so I think I am confident in saying that this, indeed, is he. He used to like the teddy on the nappy liner box, he smiled at it a lot when having his nappy changed. Nowadays, he likes music, he has just had a record released and has been signed by a record company. I WAS HIS NANNY!!! Tomorrow night he is playing HERE which I'm told is a big deal....his group, the MACCABEES are playing on tour with someone called Ben Folds, the fact that he is sold out at all venues tells me I should probably know who Ben Folds is, but I don't. If he hasn't played on Ballamory or with the Wiggles then shoot me I'm out of the loop.
Honestly the things that life can throw at you, who'd have thought it? Just think, when he is a massive star I can tell the world I changed his nappy and he was a teeny, little, almost page boy, in emerald green dungarees at my first wedding. In fact why wait til he is a star, I'm telling you now. My claim to fame, you heard it here first. I am very old.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Thats great that you are very almost positively the most marvelous renter they've ever encountered. I can picture you in that large 2 bathroom place with nary a spot of mould and grinning at your good fortune to be THE ONE to get it!
As for the baby who grew up into a rock star - Wow! that's quite the thing to be able to say you knew him way back when. He's quite handsome now.
I have heard of Ben Folds (used to be Ben Folds Five). They are actually moderately popular here. Radio stations play them pretty frequently.

11:28 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Suitable certainly does seem inadequate for you Helen. marvelous is much nicer :)

Too cool about the celebrity raising :)

I really like Ben Folds (Five)!!!

~Lisa~

2:47 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home