Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Friday, December 09, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like.....

........we're MOVING!! Whoohoo!
Grandpa arrives on wednesday and it would just be awful if he were to come all this way to be met with a panic about packing, so H, Jordan, Sophie and I have been pack -pack- packing everything we won't need ...so it's a bit echoey around here!
We are leaving the front room looking lived in and splendid and the rest is getting wrapped and packed and some of it is being dumped and thrown. The school received bags of clothes that I have had to accept are never going to be worn by the 2 outfit Isaac and why would we drag it all to our new home...so I hope they funds were boosted at the school Fayre this afternoon!
The boys, naturally are having a blast with the plethora of boxes and I find myself reciting " remember it's enormous fun- remember it's enormous fun" when faced with a wall of kicked over and jumped on boxes or a box with a head poking out when I really want to see 'stuff ' you know, like books or videos, clothes or toys in them. Elijah is becoming more and more like a Lemming...whilst they are known for throwing themselves off cliffs when in an overpopulated area, he is settling for hurtling off any pile of packed boxes he can find ( and there are plenty) He isn't a bit put off by the times he over estimates the landing spot and hits a wall, or underestimates and falls on his bum with a crack ( HA! Actually I wrote that meaning the sound 'crack' but as soon as it was written I saw the pun, couldn't have come up with that if I'd sat for a week trying to be witty!)
One of the things I adore about moving is the therapeutic discarding of crap. Even though we seem to have a tendency to move every year, we have an incredible gift for collecting stuff. Today we took 2 full loads to the tip, what a marvellous and cleansing sort of Saturday to have. I have every intention of indulging my Hyacinth Bucket tendancies in the new house and shall insist that we not allow house room to tat. Tasteful and pleasant shall be the theme ..for the first week at least.
We are also living from our store cupboard and freezer, buying only the necessary fresh foods we need, milk, bread, fruit and vegetables....it's quite exciting to see what meals we have been able to concoct without buying very much, so far we're doing pretty well.
We drove by the house yesterday and showed Isaac how near we are to the town...his words were " Oh HEY! I go to town on my own, it's right there, I just go out and get my stuff without you" ARGH!!!!!! Lots of chatting about how boys never go out without telling mummy and daddy where they are going etc.....It is exciting though to be so close to everything.
It's strange not to be decorating for christmas though, we have a tiny fibre optic tree and that will have to be it for this year! Good job we are spending the day at Mum's house where there is a discreet and silent battle going on about who will decorate what...mum and Jane are both fiends when it comes to making the place look festive, Jane has come armed with platters and gold organza while mum has peacocks and hand made tableclothes at the ready, both are sure they are in charge and it is going to be fascinating to see who wins on the day! ( my money is on mum who Jane takes after, but lets face it, mother is the queen of winning without ever seeming to put up a fight and it IS her house after all!!) we shall be resplendant with peacocks and gold threaded table cloths....I am slightly miffed that the arty farty decor gene passed me by, every year I buy hoards of pretty bits and bobs to make a centre piece but somehow whatever I try we end up with a heap of pinecones and baubles looking nothing like attractive, I figure that at some stage I HAVE to accidentally make something beautiful, sod's law says so I think.
So, on that nore it's time to climb over some more boxes and open a few more to see if I can find Elijah, I'm sure he was last seen heading for a pile in the hallway.......

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU ELIJAH, SETH & ISAAC
Love Auntie Leah
XXXXXXXXX

7:03 pm  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Somewhere I have a picture of my girls in moving boxes, I shall have to find it and scan it in one of these days. Funny how they all love boxes isn't it?

I'm so very happy you are able to pack Helen. :)

11:58 pm  
Blogger MamaTink said...

I can't Imagaine trying to pack amidst three very active boys! You're a brave woman.

And about making things Beautiful...your skill at that each have their own names :)

~Lisa~

12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home