Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Unimportant non-bloggy things I find myself minding.

It's increasingly obvious to me, that the older I get, the less tolerant I become about those little irritants that when young, we scarcely notice. My list seems to get longer as the days go by and my patience gets shorter.

I have always loathed hearing people eat, this hasn't lessened with age. Why can't people eat with their mouths closed? WHY? I have always been very happy with the fact that somehow I have children who eat beautifully ( although my sister tells me that this isn't a fluke, she says she is, even as a grandmother, afraid of eating anywhere near me as the reaction is so frightening should she slurp or chomp that she would rather wait til she gets home or eat with her head in a bucket)

I dislike men with long fingernails and wet looking mouths....my sisters and I can describe a certain type of man in 2 words and guarantee that every one of us will immediately know the cringeablity level...."dribbly mouth." Don't go there, don't speak to me because a bit of that dribble might get sprayed my way and you won't like me if you spray on me.

Uncles who make that ' phwoarrrrrrrr' noise when hugging you. It is not endearing, it is Creepy. Very creepy.

Husbands who get an idea in their head that they think is fabulous but isn't, like buying a fishing / hunting jacket even though he will never go fishing / hunting. And then wearing it.

Or, thinking that somehow growing the bit of hair that still will grow will make it look 'fuller.' It doesn't H.....I am beginning to be a bit scared of you, you look as if you might develop a dribbly mouth and start saying 'phwoarrrr' when hugging your niece....please let me cut it - PLEASE LET ME CUT IT!!

Twitchy legs.

My mum and dad going away. How selfish, don't they know that they should be at home, always, just in case I want them for something? You don't stop being a parent just because your child is 43 and has grey hair. What kind of parenting IS this that you feel able to disappear for days on end and leave your empty house sitting there looking abandoned ?

Car heaters that don't work. Damn thing.

Never being able to just get on with one task without having to do at least 5 others first. Need to put washing in, have to put last load in dryer, have to take washing out of dryer, have to find basket to put washing from dryer in, have to put away clean and folded laundry to empty basket, have to tidy all clothes drawers that have been half emptied and dumped on floor to find one t-shirt......

Wet bathroom floors. WET BATHROOM FLOORS ! WET..... BATHROOM...... FLOORS.

Being bored because people haven't updated blogs and I am trying not to find great things on e.bay. Give me stuff to read bloggers, you know who you are , off you go.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to the parents going away thing. I hate when my mom, especially, goes away. She has always been a stay at home mom, right where I needed her, when i needed her. And when she is gone, or working even, i go stir crazy. Glad to see someone else is the same way.

4:10 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

I'm with you on the wet bathroom floors Helen. Oh I hate that! Especially when my socks get wet! I suppose slippers would help, but I don't like those either. ;)

1:08 pm  
Blogger Lora said...

I HAAAATE it when people eat with their mouths open ARGH! It drives me bonkers! and I'm with ya on the creepy uncle thing too eeeew. I am guilty of not updating my blog too oops. I'll get on that lol.

Lora :)

2:39 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

Funny thing Helen, my dh (Chris) grew his red hair out down to the middle of his back, and I didn't say a word, but OH I was dying to cut it all off.....Now he has a crew cut (spiffy looking I must say) and looks back at pictures of himself and says "what the *&(*^#$^#& was I thinking? Why didn't you do something....."
How heavy a sleeper is H???? ;)

4:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home