Photobucket
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Yes...this is ALL about me, and mine. Marvellously self indulgent, feel free to tell me how splendid I am, leave comments, nice ones please, I have little kids and teenagers who can do the rude stuff. I am a grandma, to the glorious Joshua, I'm allowed to look frazzled and weary, I earned it. The older I get, the more I see that hanging on and being patient is worth it! They ( whoever 'they' are) are so right when they say you never know what is around the corner, it isn't always an articulated truck! It is vital to make the time for making memories, friends are the greatest treasure, I love mine. I am rich!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

And the Blog God smiled down.....

You know those mornings when you wake after a great night's sleep, the sun is shining and the children are happy and calm? Along with the huge feeling of smugness and more than a smattering of disbelief comes the blogger's panicky feeling of how this is all very well but what the jiminy will I write about today? Sweetness and light is all very well but it's a dull, admit it." Woke up, took the kids to school and nothing really happened but it was nice" Boring.
Waking up and being unable to breathe I was a bit miserable and the thought did cross my mind that even though it was marginally more interesting than nothing happening, if I were to try and squeeze another entry out of my prolonged and miserable 'only a virus can't help you but get some rest' malady, I would be at risk of reading comments like " For the love of cough syrup get over it woman"
Or " I'm losing the will to live, we've heard about it since last tuesday shut the croaky voice up will you!"
Even when I found myself sitting on the floor in a self pitying, can't get through another day heap, with snot and tears running all over the place and sweet H rubbing my back saying " oh dear" and wailing that the very thought of actually , you know, having to put knickers on and comb my knotty hair when my scalp feels as though its half ripped off, and then having to do a school run was just too much and could I not do it please? I knew that something new would have to come my way in order to be of any interest today.
Hoorah the Blog God heard my plea and answered my request for new adventures.
Bloody gas was out, H had searched high and low for my purse for the card and couldn't find it. Hmmmmm, pretty sure I dumped it on the desk....so I searched high and low and it really wasn't anywhere. It might be in the car, I'll pop out and look, in my pyjama's, because it's early and no-one will see. Nope, not there....ho hum.....shite, whoops! I'm going to - OUCH my knees- that really hurt my knees and my hands and oh no I am going to HIT MY FACE ( and let me tell you that I really DID have time to think about all this, why in the name of band aids I didn't have time to actually do something about it is another mystery I suspect will never be solved ) and somehow, I managed to fall on my knees, scuff my hands and then very slowly, though not at all gracefully, I scraped my chin the length of the path.
round two of H rubbing my back while I wailed about how I fell over and still can't find my purse and ...then it gets boring, I'll spare you.
The most splendid thing about days that start this hideously is that they have to get better..and after the car wouldn't start and missing the mail man it did indeed get better. By 6 o'clock it was so much better that we were eating delicious lamb chops cooking in rosemary jelly and tomatoes, crispy potatoes on top., fresh carrots and green beans. Smashing.
AND I have my new camera it's glorious and I am rather tentatively learning what it is capable of...I am doing a project that is promising to make me feel so completely brilliant and clever ...I am already so proud of it, I can't wait to show it off but I will wait, til it's done, then I'll show and tell! For now, here is just a taster.......
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Look at those perfect little nibbly toes. What an interesting shot!! You have some talent lady! Can't wait to see the finished product. Thank goodness you are feeling marginally better, save for the nasty scrape along your chin. Did you ever find that gas card??

11:52 pm  
Blogger The other me said...

I did..in my purse, which was in Sophie's room..." uh, mum, if I tell you your purse is in my room because I was going to take £2 out of it and you came in while I had it so I hid it...will you be mad?"
The fact that I asked her how she would feel if I helped myself to her money, quite calmly and then said that she hurt my soul more than my budget by stealing, worked so much better than losing it. Sometimes I see that actually, she is trying hard to be good. If nothing else I love her honesty.

12:00 am  
Blogger Julie Q said...

Great shot Helen. :) Looking forward to the finished product.

A big ouch on the falling down. I hate to fall down. I hate it even more if someone sees me fall down.

I'm glad Sophie was honest with you.

2:26 am  
Blogger MamaTink said...

Oh man! I Hate hate it when I have time to Think about the fall, as it is happening!! Hope you heal quickly, and the blog gods can shine a little less brightly on you :)

HUGS!

GREAT shot!! I think it would look neat if the little bits of his cuffs were in colour, and the rest B&W :) Just my $.02.

~Lisa~

3:06 am  
Blogger Claire said...

Nothing worse than biffing it in your swimsuit by the side of the pool...then rolling into the pool to mask the embarrassment and having burning chlorine seep into your every pore. Ouch.

Hope you are on the mend, Helen! Can't wait to see what your new camera has to offer!

8:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home